A Warrior of Baract

Tigris stood waiting at the outdoor training grounds waiting for the rest of the team to arrive. Even though they had arrived at breakfast together the other girls had taken longer to eat. Mostly because Iris insisted on feeding Rose herself. David also had yet to arrive.

"Hey Tigris," Ruby called out to her from the sidewalk passing the grounds. The other members of team RWBY were with her.

"Hi Ruby." Tigris waved at her.

The four of them walked up to her.

"We're going into town to go shopping. Wanna come?" Weiss invited her. Since they're fight behind the scenes they had become as close to friends as Tigris allowed herself to have. "The other girls can come to."

"Not this time," she answered shaking her head. "We're training with David today."

"How lucky." Yang sighed while wiping a little drool away. "I wish I could spend time with that hottie."

"Isn't this the first time you guys will actually be working together as a team?" Blake asked.

"Yup." Tigris checked her scroll for the time. Everyone was late. "It seems David has been pretty busy with other responsibilities and this is the first time he has really had any free time."

"Well it makes sense to use that free time for his team I guess," Blake said after thinking about it. "I wonder what he's always working on?"

"I heard he was teaching a class for the older classes."

Everyone looked at Ruby surprised.

"How come none of us have heard something like that?" Weiss asked.

"Yah," Tigris agreed. "I'm on his team and this is the first I've heard something like this."

"I happened to over hear some teachers that's all!" Ruby defended herself.

"Did you hear what kind of class he's teaching?" Blake asked curiously.

"Yah. And how do I sign up?" Yang half joked. But seriously. They were all curious about it.

"It is a mix between the combat style and the history of Baract," David answered the question from behind them causing them all to jump.

"I met up with Rose and Iris on the way here." He motioned to the two girls standing beside him.

"Your really a teacher?" Tigris asked him.

"I am." He nodded. "I have worked it out to give a few lessons to the freshmen. It will not be for several weeks."

He turned to team RWBY. "If you do not mind we have some training to go over today."

They nodded and said their goodbyes before leaving for town.

After they were gone Tigris studied David as he moved them to an area of the grounds where they were less visible. After learning he was acting as a teacher for part of the day what Fred said a few weeks ago now made sense.

He had mentioned how jealous he was that she was on David's team. It wasn't common that students spoke about wishing they could switch teams, especially after years of working with their teammates. When she had told him that she spent almost no time with David and that none of them had sparred as a team with him it had surprised Fred. Knowing he was a teacher put a new perspective on a lot of the interactions with any of the upper classmen.

"Are you listening, Tigris?"

She started as she heard her name called suddenly. "What?"

David looked at Rose and Iris before answering her. "I was explaining that now that you girls have become more comfortable with each other you are ready for actual team combat training."