The Fight

David stood over the Grimm defensively as he scanned the crowd of his fellow students around him. Despite his warnings, he could tell they still felt the urge to fight against the Grimm. It was only their memories of watching him in some of his spars that held them back. The teachers were not held back by that though. They were judging the situation and were only moments away from bringing the fight to full throttle again.

His movement is held down if he wants to protect that beast, Professor Glynda announced to all of the students. I do not know what his reasons for protecting this Grimm are but I do know that we cannot let it live.

While I wish I could take this rare opportunity to study this rare species of Grimm, Professor Oobleck stepped forward. But a creature this dangerous in located anywhere near a populated area is a risk we cannot take. The Grimm must die.

Professor Port also stepped forward. Not to brag but my ancestor survived a confrontation with a Grimm of this caliber.

David could see from the way they gripped their weapons that they were not as confident as they seemed. Though he doubted he was the concern but rather the recovering Grimm beneath him. Which he felt it would just as likely attack him as it would the others around them. The things he put up with for his Second in Command.

Lets do this you guys! Ruby shouted. Just think of it as a Sparring session.

It was what the teachers were aiming for. Their show of confidence had boosted moral of the exhausted students. Which brought his chance of victory down. Even he could not face more than a dozen foes alone while protecting an immobile charge.

Ruby began to fire projectiles from his left while Weiss prepared an attack on his right. At the same time the others with long range began to fire at him from all sides. Which happened to include nearly everyone.

He hunkered down with his shield which provided him protection from most of the attacks. But a few still made it through. And they hurt, even if they were not designed to pierce flesh. This put Weiss to his back. Even with her potentially more dangerous attack he had to defend himself immediately.

Hes pinned Weiss! Ruby shouted and he looked to see Weiss ready.

Lets see how you handle this. Weiss smirked as a wall of ice began coming his way.

At the same time the close combat fighters came from the other three sides. Yang Xiao Long from in front. Fox Alistair to his left. Yatsuhashi Daichi to his right. Jaune was the only one who hesitated to fight him. Given the prompt to view this as a spar the students had decided to give it their all.

His blade glowed red. Even with his task of protection he wanted to accept the challenge. Pivoting on his left leg, he swung his blade around sending a ring of fire spiraling away from himself. The air filled with mist as the wall of ice was obliterated. It was so thick it was hard to see what he was doing.

As he expected, the fighters jumped to avoid his attack and were prepared to use gravity to their advantage. As their jump reached its peak and they prepared their attacks something black shot up passing through their little circle. Their eyes drawn up to it they were not ready for what came next.

Look out! Blake and Velvet shouted. The only Faunus present and able to keep track of his position.

But it was too late as he leaped up among the distracted fighters knocking them out of the air. As he fell back to the ground he caught the Grimm in his arms revealing what he had thrown. Before he could land he raised his shield to catch the hammer strike from Nora.

She grinned as she pulled her trigger giving her strike more power and throwing him to the ground with more force, piercing the veil of mist. Not even waiting for him to land, she began spinning with her fall to give her swing even greater power coming down on him like lightning striking.