Trouble Follows Team RWBY

"Thank you so much for helping us." The old man thanked them. "I don't know how else we would have gotten our groceries home."

"No problem at all," Tigris huffed as she focused on walking normal with her more than normal amount of grocery bags. Both of her arms couldn't be seen and several bags were even strapped to her waist. She looked like a grocery monster.

"We're really lucky you were available to help," the old man continued looking to his wife behind them. "We love that stores sales but our bodies are much to old to handle the weight. With your help we was able to get a decent amount for storage."

He though this was a decent amount? Tigris glanced back at David who was walking with the old man's wife. His load was probably three times as big as hers. And both Iris and Rose were carrying boxes. Iris more than Rose but neither of them anywhere close to her load.

"We're happy to help." Rose beamed.

"So which of you ladies has settled this fine young man?" The old woman asked.

At the sudden question there was a crash as Rose tripped. Luckily she didn't lose any of the boxes.

Quickly standing up and apologizing, Rose prepared to answer the question as discreetly as possible. Iris beat her to the punch. And she wasn't discreet.

"Rose here is his girlfriend and I'm her side lover. Tigris over there won't admit it but she dreams about him every night," Iris explained. "Oh. And we all sleep with him."

"Iris!?" Rose squeaked. "None of that is true!"

"The part about Tigris dreaming about him is true." Iris shrugged. "I've heard her mumbling and moaning his name quite often. Usually something about not touching certain places follows his name."

It took all of Tigris' willpower to not turn around and get into an argument. Instead she just mumbled, "It's nightmares."

And it really was. During her last hunting rage she had been searching for wild prey and Grimm to occupy her desire for blood and combat. Instead she had stumbled upon David in a clearing surrounded by the ashen corpses of a Beowulf pack. A strange fire vanishing into the air leaving a sickening taste behind. As it vanished he appeared in front of her moving faster than she could see shocking her. That moment mixed with the sudden reappearance of the strange flame for a moment had filled her core with a sense of fear that she hadn't felt since the first time they had all fought as a team, and this time was much stronger.

Since then she had had nightmares nearly every night of him tying her down to a table and burning her with that strange flame. Over and over again he would say he simply wanted to draw her demons out. It was never pleasant and usually left her a mess in the mornings. It also caused her relationship as his second in command strained since she flinched whenever he moved to close to her. Luckily the flinch was miniscule so Rose and Iris hadn't noticed. But there was no way he didn't. And she new it affected him by the way he would avoid any sudden motions towards her. His attitude towards her actions mixed with the nightmares gave her a whirlwind of emotions where ever he was involved.

Anyways. She also hadn't had any hunting rages since that event. And that was back in the middle of winter. She should have had at least three more but every time she felt even the inkling of a rage that image of him in front of her surrounded by strange flame would pop in her head and the rage would turn into deep rooted fear. Which would then cause more nightmares which would cause her to react poorly to his actions. It was a vicious cycle that left her feeling exhausted.

"I don't mind helping people out but why couldn't we go on a cooler mission?" Iris complained drawing Tigris out of her darkening thoughts. "We're all qualified for combat and you were even given special permission to take combat missions if you wished."