37)The mystery person

A/N Long time no update! Sorry for the slow updates, I've been trying to focus on publishing a story of mine and there's a lot of work that goes into it. x,x
I'm trying to finish this book within the next few days!
Happy Reading!

*****************************

"Six more weeks until it's baby time," the female obstetrician smiled warmly, gently rubbing the very cold jelly across Emily's abdomen.

Emily found herself immensely thankful her due date was rapidly approaching. Even though she didn't really gain weight in her arms, legs, and face, it's was quite evident from the massive mountain she sported in her stomach that she was due to give birth soon. Her trips to the bathroom increased a couple more times than it did just a few weeks previously – the baby was constantly placing pressure on her bladder. Emily could barely waddle too far these days without wanting to sit down. If she got up, she had to pee. It was that simple.

Yet again Emily decided not to find out the sex of her nugget. A few more weeks to go and she wanted it to be a surprise at this point. Vinessa joined Emily for this trip to the doctors. Madison popped in and out, but, she was still on call on the next floor. Considering her mother had been with her to nearly all her doctor's visits already, Emily didn't mind she wasn't here this time. Her hormones however had taken a sharper turn as of late. Emily could now cry if she saw any beer commercial starring a Clydesdale and a golden retriever puppy along with bawling when she heard the name Jake.

"So no finding out if there's a little girl or guy baking in there?" Vinessa asked, watching the monitor as the ultrasound of the baby began to take over the screen.

"No...I'm saving that for delivery day," Emily sighed, watching and resisting a giggle as the ultrasound showed the baby onscreen wigging its hands. She could feel any rough movement now – the baby was seven pounds, destined to possibly get bigger by at least two pounds before the due date. Ben claimed the baby was getting fatter due to Emily's oddball cravings of ketchup atop of macaroni and cheese and biscuits. Emily's hormones nearly had her crying at the mere thought her baby was fat.

"Okay, we'll go over a few things after we finish up here," Dr. Kimbell smiled politely. "Have you restocked on your prenatal pills, yet?"

Just as Emily answered, the door to the room opened suddenly. Vinessa and Emily didn't pay attention, fully expecting Madison to have come back yet again. The baby on-screen kicked away, prompting the doctor to ask if Emily would like one of the newer 4D pictures that were now available. As Emily happily agreed, the baby started moving again. "Alright momma, you and daddy might want to look away if you don't want to know the sex..."

Emily frowned intensely, looking around the dark room for who the doctor could have mistaken as the daddy. Her heart dropped into her chest as a very familiar person stood nearby, ogling the screen as slick smile spread across his lips. It was the face that caused Emily to want to cry every time she saw him nearby. Declan smiled warmly at the screen, ignoring Vinessa's  sudden shout to get out of the room. "It's a boy" Declan smiled, watching the screen with a near-loving gaze. Emily's teeth chattered as she trembled with fear. She wasn't able to comprehend she was having a little boy due to the monster currently in her room. How he had discovered when her ultrasound had been scheduled for, she didn't know.

"GET OUT!" Vinessa shouted, shoving him away from Emily as Declan drew closer.

"Sir, I'm going to have to ask you to leave..." Dr. Kimbell said, noticing the fearful look Emily sported.

"I have every right to be here as Emily" Declan shrugged lightly, roughing shrugging out of Vinessa's grasp. "I'm the father!"

A long and bitter argument ensued where the obstetrician warned Declan that if he didn't leave due to Emily's wishes, he would be escorted out by security. He eventually obliged by leaving, but not before sparing Emily a happy smile. That alone sickened her.