Chapter 49

"Where are we going" I whined jokily and he looked down at me and chuckled. "You'll see" he said, a mischievous look on his face .We climbed so many stairs, so I was out of breath by the time we got to a large metal door at what must have been the top of the building. Mikey pushed it open and I saw it lead out onto the roof. It wasn't what I was expecting though. The whole place was covered in fairy lights and cute little shrubs. There was a layout of cushions and blankets and I had to resist the urge to just jump right in there. It was so adorable and felt slightly like I might cry, but I knew that would be a bit pathetic so I tried not to. "It's beautiful" I said in awe. "I come here when I can't sleep" Michael said softly, and I looked up at him as he came to stand beside me. His eyes were glistening and reflecting the twinkling lights around us and I felt my breath catch in my throat.

"George, wake up" I got nudged in the arm suddenly and I opened my eyes. It was basically dark on the plane, most people were also sleeping seeing as it was now late Monday night and there wasn't much longer until we landed in Sydney. I looked up wearily and Gwyn was watching the clouds out of the small window. "Yeah?" I yawned, lifting my head off her shoulder and rubbing my eyes. She glanced over, then gesturing to something behind me, when I turned; Michael was asleep in the row next to us, Calum looking smugly at us beside him.  "What about him?" I groaned, continuing to watch him. "You two need to sort out whatever the fuck is going on so I can talk to my boyfriend without you using me to avoid him" She snapped, shoving me off the seat and pushing me into the corridor between the rows of seats. I glared at her as I got to my feet. "Fine" I mumbled and signalled Calum to get out of his seat. He hurried to get to my seat and instantly started making out with Gwyn. I rolled my eyes and carefully sat down beside the sleeping boy.  I wasn't quite sure what I was going to say, I didn't even really know what was going on between us and I was terrified that it wouldn't get better. To tell the truth I was terrified about everything, I still couldn't believe that I had such deep feelings for this simple person it was completely unlike me and I am dreading the day when it has to come to an end. I have let myself become totally consumed in all of their lives, I'm now a part of something I never thought I would ever have; I have a genuine family of friends for the first time in my life and now I felt kind of complete.

"Michael" I whispered, pushing the strands of faded black hair out of his eyes. He stirred slightly but didn't wake up, I knew him too well to know that he wasn't going to wake up that easily. I leaned down and kissed his cheek. "I love you" I smiled, slouching down and resting my head against his arm. He was wearing one of his large sweatshirts, they were so comfortable and I really wanted to steal one from him. I shut my eyes and tried to get back to sleep, but even though most people on the plane were asleep, there was still quite a bit of background noise going on which was distracting me. I had managed to sleep for quite a large percentage of the flight and we were nearing the end plus I wanted to be sure that I wouldn't want to get bad jetlag. Soon I will be arriving in a place in which I once called home, but haven't for a long time. "I love you too" I heard him murmur, unsure if he was sleeping or not. I didn't care though, hopefully everything was going to be alright and the next few weeks would be as calm as possible. I opened my eyes again and looked up at the window beside me. In the distance, behind the huge layers of clouds, there was a faint light of blue and yellow sky appearing, a brand new day. Every single day we are getting older and older, getting closer to the day we die. I always used to tell myself to live my life to the maximum but sometimes I just like to sit back and do nothing so I can really appreciate what I have done in my  life and what I need to improve on to make it even better. I need to start fucking living before it's too late and I don't have anyone to do anything with. I looked away and closed my eyes again.

Although everything seemed to be alright between everyone at the moment, I was still certain that things would soon start to go downhill. From what I've seen there is still some tension between Ashton and Michael and who knows when that you get worse. I didn't see a problem with it anymore, after thinking about it the whole way here; there was nothing for Mike to worry about. Ash now had Gracie and she would be so much better for him than I ever would. This now meant that the only single person in the group was Cat however I don't think she's bothered about that. It's a shame, she is such a beautiful and smart person with so much to offer, how the hell hasn't any decent guy realised that yet? I feel so lucky to have someone that actually cares about me in my life and I wish that everyone had that. God knows what I would do if I ever lost him.