Chapter Three

Phil's POV
-
I stood up and kissed Dan before answering the phone.
"Hello?"
"Is Dan home?"
"Who is this?"
"Phil, oh Phil. Hand the phone to Dan, or I'll come after both of you, fags."
"You need to stop." Dan stood up, looking worried as he heard me talk. "The police are going to find you and you're not going to stop us from being who we are."
"Phil, don't.." He was crying now. "Don't anger him..."
"Hey Dad? Can I- Not now, boy. I'm on the phone."
Dan looked up at me, took my phone abruptly, and hit mute. "That voice.. There's a kid. He said 'Hey Dad? Can I-' and the man said 'Not now, boy.' I recognize the voice."
"Who?"
"We need to get to the station. Record the chat with my phone and don't say anything you'd regret. Make sure you get when the kid talks again."
-
He handed me his cell and I hit record. I made our end audible and waited for the man to talk.
"I said I'm on the phone, boy! You're gonna get what's coming to you, little bitch!"
"But Dad, Dad stop."
I looked at Dan as the two talked.
"Phil? This is terrible..." He teared up. We muted our end and continued to listen and record. "I can't do this. I can't listen.."
"Come here..." I had him come sit with me, his head in my shoulder as he cried lightly. "We're going to stop him..."
-
The conversation on the other end continued to scar us. The boy was screaming and crying, saying "Let me go.. Please... I won't ask again!" His voice was interrupted and all we could hear was a choking noise.
-
"Phil, please.." He cried loudly. "I can't continue to listen to this.. We need to go to the police. We need to help him."
"Alright.." I was just about to stop recording and end the phone call when I heard, "Have you learned your lesson, little bitch?" coming from the man.
"Please... Don't hurt them..."
"I can attack whoever I fucking want, little twat." He kicked the boy and he groaned in pain.
"Help.. Help me.." He coughed.
"Phil we need to stop." Dan was seriously upset.
"We haven't heard any names..." I said.
"Phil... I know who it is. I know the boy. I recognize his voice."
I looked at him. "Who?"
"I'll tell you at the station. We need to hurry."
-
We rode the tube to the station and demanded to talk with the detectives we had previously conversed with.
"What can we do for you, lads?"
"We have evidence." Dan announced. "Phil, give them my phone."
I handed the detective Dan's phone and explained that we got a phone call from the man who has been threatening Dan. "You heard what?" One the detectives asked.
"We recorded the conversation." Dan answered, grabbing my hand for support.
They played the audio and listened. The noises, the screams, the crying, and the man yelling at him kid.
"Phil... I can't listen to this again."
"I'm sorry, baby. We need to hear this. We need to help."
"I know but.." He got quiet. "I feel so bad.. Listening to the boy.. He's in pain."
-
The audio recording ended and they transferred it to a computer, then returned Dan's phone. "Do you know who this is? You seem to be having a hard time.."
Dan mumbled.
"Dan? Who is this?"
"It's my little brother."
"Adrian..." I said. "Shit... Shit we need to get him. We need to get him out of there."
The detectives continued writing. "And the man?"
"It has to be my dad. He said 'Boy' and Adrian called him Dad." Dan cried. "My poor brother...."
"He said in the chat, 'Please don't hurt them.' That must've been focused towards Dan and me." I explained.
"Address?" Dan gave them his father's home address, and full name.
"We'll save your brother. He'll be okay." The detective assured Dan as they took us to a quiet room and rounded up a group of policemen to assist them.
-
They returned about forty minutes later and one the policemen brought in Dan's father, in handcuffs. He had bruises on his knuckles and sweat on his forehead. "Where's Adrian.. Where's my Danny's brother?"
A detective met us in the quiet room. "We got him. And Adrian."
"Where's my brother?" Dan's eyes lit up. "Where is he? Is he okay?"
"He's in the hospital, getting some care. He's going to be just fine."
"Thank God.." I hugged Dan. "It's over. We won."
-
One of the detectives drove us to the hospital Adrian was at. It was the same hospital Dan was at.
-
"Adrian!" We walked into a room and saw him laying in the hospital bed.
Dan cried as he held Adrian's hand as his eyes opened. His face was bruised, his lip bloody, and his arms were cut.
"Hi Dan.."
"Adrian.. I'm so sorry this happened."
"No. No don't say that."
"No I'm serious."
"Dan, shut the fuck up. I'm going to be okay. I'm just pretty banged up."
"He didn't..."
"No."
"Didn't what?" I was confused.
"He use to threaten to rape me." Dan said. "When Adrian was born, and I was long out of the house, I was terrified something would happen to him. I always had my mum to protect me.... But Adrian was staying with our dad.
"Oh my God, Dan."
"He never actually did anything to me, except hit me. But it's over." He looked at his brother.
"When you're better, Adrian, you are more than welcome to stay with us." I sat by him on his bed.
"Thank you Phil. I love you guys."
"We love you, too." I kissed him on the forehead and Dan did, too.