Chapter Seventeen

Angela's POV (mixing it up, again! Btw... Warning: this chapter may be very triggering to some..)
-
I continued to visit Dan and Phil, and Martyn who was staying with them for support, even while Adrian was in the hospital. It wasn't until he was there for a month, Dan got a phone call and we rushed up to the hospital.
-
"I'm terribly sorry. I'll leave you alone so you can say your goodbyes..." The doctor walked out, trying not to tear up and become too involved.
-
Dan exploded with tears and couldn't say a single word without coughing and choking back tears. I held Adrian's lifeless hands. They were still warm.
"Adrian.... You saved me.." I kissed him gently. "I just wish the doctors could have saved you.." My tears fell onto his lifeless body before I ran out of the room, sobbing. I sat by the door.
Dan and Phil both said their goodbyes, Dan's being mainly tears, and apologizing for not being a better older brother.
"Don't put yourself down, Danny... You were a great brother. He loves you and he will continue to look over you." Phil kissed Dan.
"I know... I just wish I was there when this happened... I would have jumped in front of him..." He hugged Phil, who was now crying at the thought of losing Dan.
"Then I'd be saying goodbye to you..." He choked back tears as he kissed Dan.
"I love you..." Dan whispered.
"I love you too.."
They both kissed Adrian on the forehead and cried, leaving the room.
They took back to their apartment and offered me to stay the night, but I knew I'd be staying in Adrian's old bedroom...
I accepted anyways.
-
That night, I couldn't sleep. I just paced his room, crying as I saw the Polaroids we took together....the box of wedding rings..... And I looked down at my engagement ring. "Adrian's Love"
I sat on the bed, looking at it as I cried profusely. "I can't believe he's gone...I can't live like this.."
I put my wedding ring on and my tears dried up.
I walked over to the door, opening it and peeking out to see if Dan, Phil and Martyn were no where near. They were all still in the lounge. I jammed the door by pushing shelf in front of it. I was so strong.... Only because I knew what I was planning, and I was determined.
-
I sat at Adrian's desk with a piece of paper and a pen, writing my sorrow, and dated them, '6/27/17'. I laid the written sadness on Adrian's bed, and got a belt from his wardrobe. He had a pocketknife on top of the wardrobe, so I took it.
-
I sat on his bed, making lines on my wrists with the sharp blades.
One....two....three....four. We were together for four months. February....March...April....May. I felt the blood dripping from my wrists as I wrapped the belt around the ceiling fan and then around my neck after climbing on top of the bed.
-
"One...two....three.... Four." I jumped off the foot of the bed.
"Goodbye Dan and Phil...it was nice knowing you.... I'll see you soon, Adrian.." I felt my heart slowing down as blood dropped more, and more from my wrists. My eyes began to shut, as my breathing subsided and the belt choked the life out of me. I felt the pressure build up as it cut off my circulation and I felt lifeless. "I'm dying..."
"I love you..Adri-" I couldn't finish my last words before everything was over. My pain, my heartbreak, the thought of living on the Earth where my Adrian...my Adrian died so I could live. I couldn't bear living without him. So I didn't let myself. I felt at peace with the world for once...for once after watching my fiancé die slowly in the hospital.
-
Everything went dark as my eyes fell shut, and stayed shut.