Chapter Eleven

Dan's POV
-
My mum stopped by while Chris, Adrian and I were getting ready to deliver my boutineer.
"You look beautiful, Mum." I hugged her before Adrian joined.
"Oh." There was a knock. "Angela's here." Adrian answered the door.
"Wow, baby. Why am I so deserving to see you in a tux twice in one week?" She stood on her toes and kissed him.
-
We left and drove to the place Phil and I met in Manchester. Mrs Lester's car was there. "I'm so nervous..."
"Little nervous, bro?" Adrian saw me shaking.
"Yeah. I just want everything to go perfectly..."
"You love him, don't you?" Angela chimed in.
"I do."
"Then it will be the best time of your life." She smiled.
I suddenly felt much better.
-
We went inside and saw that there was a room with a sign, saying "Phil", and a room with my name on it.
-
I went into the room and my mum followed. Chris followed as well. Adrian and Angela found their seats in the front.
-
I looked in the mirror as my chocolate brown hair, my deep brown eyes, and took a deep breath. "Today is the day. I am marrying my best friend. We both wrote vows.. I have a beautiful speech prepared.."
-
"It's time, sweetheart." My mum walked me out of my room. "Just like rehearsals. You'll be waiting at the altar with Chris and Pj after they walk together."
-
The music started and Louise's little girl walked down the aisle, throwing rose petals. Pj and Chris walked behind. Martyn and Adrian walked after, then found their seats by Angela. The guests were standing.
"Here goes nothing."
The doors opened and I walked down the aisle. I felt smiling faces staring at me as I walked up the steps and waited for my one true love to join me.
The doors opened again to reveal, Phillip Michael Lester. He walked down the aisle, to me, wearing the same tuxedo as I was wearing.
"You look amazing."
"You're on fire." He cheekily joked back.
"You may be seated." Felix told the guests to sit.
-
"We are gathered here today to celebrate the union of Phillip Michael Lester, and Daniel James Howell in holy matrimony. This is definitely not the most traditional thing, but no one cares about that! Phan is real." The guests smiled and giggled.
"This is my first wedding I will officiate. When I got the call and I was asked if I'd like to be their minister, I was almost cried. Phan is my OTP!"
Phil smiled at Felix and patted him on the shoulder.
"Okay. Enough tears. Ahem.. If anyone objects to this union, please speak now or forever hold your peace." There was silence.
"Alright. Dan, Phil. I see you wrote vows?"
"Yes, Felix" I pulled out a piece of paper and read.
"Phillip Michael Lester.... I remember the day we first met like it was yesterday. It was the day I knew I found someone special. When you moved to Manchester to live with me, I knew. I knew you felt something, too." I held back tears. "I was having trouble with trying to hold in my urges, but I just wanted you. I wanted to be yours. I wanted to fall asleep with you."
Phil was crying, so I wiped away his tears. "Phil, we had a Valentine's Day video prank planned. I told you to post the video on your second channel, but then I freaked out. You deleted the video, but I only freaked out because it was out. I was being questioned by our fans. But they can say what they want now. You're my one and only. I love you so much."
"Damn it Dan." Phil laughed as he wiped his tears. "Daniel James Howell has never just been my best friend I met in 2009. He's been my rock. My hope in life.. I was in a hard place before I met you, Dan. My best friend before had died... But I continued to upload videos and I met you. I met you and I knew there was something special about you. I knew I was different, but I lived my life thinking I was a pale skinned straight boy who made videos on YouTube and had long, black emo hair."
I was tearing up. "Somewhere along the way, Dan saw through the black fringe and mysterious personality I showed online and saw straight through my blue eyes. He found the sunshine when I felt dark. The day Dan and I first kissed...." I blushed. "I had stayed up one night after we accidentally touched hands. He heard me talking to myself and knew I was having a hard time. He heard me come out to myself, and he took care of me when I felt ill just thinking about how our friendship could possibly have gone south if I came out. I got a little drunk..."
"Phil, you were dead drunk." I giggled.
"Okay, dead drunk. And I woke up next to him, hopelessly confused. I ran off, but he caught up to me and I came home. That's when he kissed me and told me he loves me. I knew then... This man is my forever, and I'm so grateful to have him still. He was almost taken from me."
"I had this whole proposal planned since I gave him a little cactus plant that had a ring hidden in the bottom. I tightened the bottom of it, so it wouldn't fall off and he wouldn't see the ring before we ACTUALLY started dating. I loosened it before we left on tour."
"And Dan told the EMT to write me a note explaining that the cactus has meaning. I found the ring, and it was engraved 'Daniel's One and Only' so I hoped he'd wake up."
"I'm grateful I did." I added. Phil was tearing up as I wiped away his tears from before.
"That was so beautiful." Felix was crying.
"Felix, come on." We giggled.
"Okay. Okay. I'm good." Felix smiled. "May we have the rings?" Our mums handed over a small box after returning to their seats.
-
"Dan. Repeat after me."
I was ready.
"I, state your name." Felix started.
"I, Daniel."
"Promise to love and to cherish, Phil, for as long as we both shall live."
I swapped Phil's engagement ring for the gold band engraved with "Forever yours, Daniel."
"Now you, Phil."
"I, Phil. Promise to love and to cherish Dan, for as long as we both shall live." He slipped the matching ring that was engraved with "Forever yours, Phillip."
"I didn't even have to tell you what to say." Felix laughed. "By the power invested in me, I now pronounce you, Mr and Mr Howell. Dan, you may kiss the groom."
I pulled Phil close and kissed him passionately. "It's official." Phil smiled as we walked down the aisle, hand in hand.
-
The ceremony ended and we went to another room where the after party was held.
"Dan... Dan... Dan.. Is that.." Phil started to flip out. I looked at the people he pointed at.
"Holy..."
"Shit..." He finished.