Chapter 4

Shannon's POV

I woke up the next day with a pounding headache, I roll over and look at the clock. "11:47 am, shit!" I lay back in the bed and try to remember what the hell happened last night. I remember running into Logan on the way to the bathroom and I definitely remember the way her eyes looked at my body. I got up and walked to the bathroom to take a hot shower and as the hot water began to hit my body, it hit me. Logan drove me home last night and I invited her in! I jump out of the shower and grab a towel and rush into the living room. Is she still here? I look around the living room and I don't see any signs of anyone but then I hear the clashing of pots and I head for the kitchen, I stop dead in my tracks when I see Logan standing in my kitchen. She turns around to look at me, her eyes scan my body and smiles. "Good morning! I hope that I didn't wake you. The coffee is almost ready." I sit down at the bar pulling my towel around me a little tighter, she sits a bottle of water and some pills in front of me. "I figured you might need this for that hangover you probably have."

I have to know, I have to ask. " Did we have sex last night?" I place my head in my hands unable to look at her.

"So you don't remember?" She says leaning on the counter in front of me. I let out a sigh and shake my head no.

"Well, you can rest easy, we didn't do anything. I am not the kind of person that sleeps with women who can't remember where they are." She turns her back to me and turns back around, handing me a cup of coffee. She walks around the counter and starts gathering her things.

"Where are you going?" I say softly.

"I just wanted to stay and make sure that you were alright so now I should be getting out of here." she slips on her shoes and heads towards the door.

"Logan, wait." I hop out of my seat and walk in her direction. "We need to talk about whatever it is going on between us."

Logan puts her hand up to stop me from talking. "You can stop Miss Peters, I know what you are going to say, that it was wrong and illegal. That your job is really important to you and more important than me and most of all, it can't happen again." I reach for her hand as she turns the door knob. She looks back at me and even though I wanna tell her that she's wrong, that she is important and I want it to happen over and over again, I just can't and I feel her hand slip from mine as she walks out the door without another word.

....
Logan's POV

My mind is so conflicted and confused. I pull up in the driveway and park the car. As soon as I hop out I light up a cigarette before walking inside. All I can think about is everything that had played out the night before. The way I felt at peace with Shannon laying in my arms. She felt absolutely amazing and for the first time in awhile I slept at ease. I was so caught up in my thoughts that I didn't even notice that my Dad's car was gone. Odd for him not to be home on a Sunday Morning. I walk inside to a strange feeling. I look around the house and notice that all of his things were gone. What the hell is going on?! I walk to the kitchen to find a note on the counter.

Logan, we are being evicted. You have one day to get your stuff and get out.

Signed, Michael

I sit down on the bar stool in awe. What the hell?! This can't be true!! I am homeless? I still have like a week until I am 18 and can get an apartment on my own. Until then what the hell am I going to do?

I go up to my room and pull the box out from under my bed that hides my cash that I have been saving and I count it. I should have enough to get me a place and to live at least 3 months but I am still not 18. I pull my phone out of my pocket and call Camren but never get an answer. I take a deep breath and start packing up all my belongings.