Chapter 19

Shannon, Addison and I stand in the driveway saying our final goodbyes to Cam, Julianna and Cam's Mom. Today is the day they leave for North Carolina and I'm not ready to say goodbye.

I hand Addison over to Shannon so I can get a real hug from Cam.

"I'm gonna miss you Sis. Behave until we get there!" I lean in and give her a big hug, kissing her cheek. I lean in the car and kiss Julianna who is fast asleep in her car seat. "Bye baby girl. Don't grow up too fast!" I close the door and watch as Cam and her Mom climb in. I wrap my arm around Shannon and watch as they pull off. I wave until I can no longer see them.

"You okay baby?" Shannon shifts Addison in her arms.

"Yeah, let's get home and I'll fix us lunch."

I buckle Addison into her car seat after opening the door for Shannon to get in and then we head home. Addison has been with us for two days now and it has been an adjustment. I stayed home from work the first night but Sunday night I had to go in.

Neither Shannon and I are use to having to get up during the night but we love having Addison here with us.

Cam is suppose to go look at the apartment tomorrow or the next day for us and let me know how it is. Hopefully if everything works out, we will be able to move out there next week.

We haven't had any run ins with Rachel since being back and I want it to stay that way. We pull up outside the apartment complex and I grab the car seat out the back trying not to wake Addison. Once we are inside I take her out the seat and place her in the swing to allow her to finish up her nap. Shannon is already in the kitchen pulling stuff out.

"I thought I was going to cook for us?" I say wrapping my arms around her waist. She immediately leans her neck over to allow me to kiss her.

"Well, you always cook. At least let me cook lunch."

I kiss her again. "Thank you baby." I walk around and sit at the counter. I just watch her make the two of us sandwiches.

"What kind of chips do you want?" She says over her shoulder looking through the cupboards.

"Um...barbecue please." She sits our plates in front of us and sits down next to me to eat.

"So baby, when do you work again?"

I swallow the bite that's in my mouth. "I go back tomorrow night. You going to be okay with the baby?"

"Yes, I will. I know I tell you this all the time but thank you for taking the both of us in." I shake my head at her statement.

"No baby. I didn't take you guys in. You are apart of my family. I love you guys and I wouldn't have it any other way." We finish up lunch and clean By this time Addison is awake and ready for her lunch. I go ahead and fix her bottle and sit next to Shannon who is rocking her.

"You want me to feed her while you finish up what you are doing?" She hands me Addison. "You filing out applications?" I feed Addison her bottle and smile as she smacks away.

"Yeah I am. Hopefully I'll be able to get something pretty quickly. I don't want you feeling like you have to take care of Addison and I. I want to contribute." I place Addison on my shoulder and start to burp her.