Chapter 28

It has been a little over three weeks since Shannon and I decided it was best that we continue to live apart. I am thinking that it is going to take longer then I expect to get us back to the place where we were happy and I don't want to continue to be a burden on Cam. Even though she tells me I am not, I don't want to impede on her space so I have decided to move out into my own apartment. It will still be in the same complex as Cam which puts me in close distance to Addison.

Since Summer has started  Addison has been spending a lot of time with Shannon. We decided that Shannon would keep her during the week and I would take her on weekends unless something came up and then we would compromise.

Shannon started therapy last week and I have taken the initiative to start therapy for myself. I have been through a lot and I haven't fully dealt with everything. I have lost my family and now I am loosing a relationship that I have put so much energy and emotion into. I have my first meeting tomorrow.

"Hey Cam can you hand me that box right there?" Cam walks over to the kitchen bringing along the box of appliances that were sitting on the living room floor.

"How do you feel about being in your own apartment? What did Shannon say when you told her?" I started unloading things and putting them in the right places while Cam continued taking out all the dishes and silverware.

"I don't know. I feel a slight weight lifted off of me. I know that you said that I could stay with you as long as I needed to but I don't want to feel like a burden. I told Shannon and she didn't say much of anything. She has been so distant lately, our communication has gotten worse. I don't know what is going on with her."

"I know you had to do it for yourself but you were never a burden. Do you know if Shannon is still talking to Elliott? I thought she was suppose to be moving away?"

"I have no idea, I asked her recently and she told me no. I am trying to trust her but her behavior tells me I can't. Elliott is suppose to be moving to live with her Uncle in some other town, I don't even remember the town that Shannon told me." I finish up with that and jump into the box Cam is working on.

"Do you guys still hear about what is going on with Rachel?" I shake my head no.

"Shannon hasn't really shared anything else with me about the case." Cam rolls her eyes.

"Don't you find that to be a little suspicious? I mean the girl is still reeking havoc in your life from another state. I think that you deserve to know what is going on." I hop on the counter and sit there for a moment.

"You're right. Honestly, my biggest concern is Addy. Shannon can act stupid all she wants but she doesn't need to put Addison in any danger. I will do whatever I have to do to protect that little girl."

Addison may not be my biological daughter but as far as we know, she could potentially be my little sister. Even if she wasn't, I have grown to love her and I don't ever want anything to happen to her. I can't and don't want to imagine my life without that adorable little brown eyed princess in it.

"Hell yeah, I would fight the devil himself for messing with my little girl and if Shannon is going to be stupid than she doesn't deserve to have her. When do you go to your first counseling session?" I hop back off the counter and get back to work, I still have a few more boxes to unload.

"Tomorrow. Shannon started on last Monday. I think we will have our first session together soon."

"Hopefully this will be what you two need to get back on track. I am just so ready to see you happy again!" Cam glances at her watch. "I have to go relieve Jade, she is watching Julianna but has to be at work in an hour."