Chapter 5

I sat in my car soaking wet. I can't believe what I just saw. I don't understand why would Miss Peters kiss me if she was in a relationship. I am not a homewrecker. I won't do it. How can there be so much pain in my chest from this woman. What was I even thinking that she could help, I tried calling Cam and for whatever reason she has been ignoring my calls and she is all I have so where else was there to go. I reach into the backseat and grab a hot beer from the case, right now a hot beer is better than no beer. I let the hot liquid run down my throat and I almost choke from the sound of someone banging on my window. It's too dark to tell who it is so I only roll it down a little bit.

"I was hoping you were still out here, can we talk?" I take deep breath at the sound of Shannon's voice.

"What is there to talk about Miss Peters?" She pauses before answering, I don't wait for her to, I unlock my doors. I watch her walk around to the passenger side and get in. I look over and notice just how soaked she is. Once again I reach into the backseat and grab a towel and hand it to her. "Thanks" she mumbles. I continue sipping on my beer as she dries off.

"Logan, I want to talk to you about what you saw back there." I turn around in my seat to face her.

"What did I see Miss Peters, you with your girlfriend. That's all." I finish off my beer and reach for another. Shannon just stares at me and shakes her head.

"No, you have got it wrong. She is not my girlfriend, though she doesn't seem to understand that. That is my ex Rachel and I don't even know why she showed up tonight because I have not answered any of her calls in months." Shannon stares down and plays with her hands.

I start to relax as I watch how nervous she is. "You really hate this girl huh?"

"Yes, very much. She...she put me through a lot." I notice her hands are beginning to shake. Who could ever do someone so amazing as Miss Peters wrong?

"Wanna talk about it?" I look over as she shakes her head no. We sit there in silence for awhile, just listening to the rain hit the top of the car. Shannon decides to break the silence pointing to all my things in my car.

"So do you want to tell me what's going on and why you showed up here tonight?" I take a long sip of my beer trying to think of the best way to answer her.

"Um.. not tonight and like I said, I didn't know where else to go." We sit there for what seemed like forever in a comfortable silence.

"Well, maybe you will be ready in the morning. Come on, let's go inside." She reaches for the door handle but when she notices I have yet to move she looks back at me.

"Logan, you are not sleeping in your car tonight when I have room for you, now come on." This time I don't say anything. I just follow her back into her apartment.

I stand in the middle of my hot psychology teachers living room as she walks around rambling.

"I think I have some clothes that you can change into tonight and we can discuss getting your things out of the car tomorrow." She eyes me up and down, Is she checking me out? She quickly looks back up to my face. "Um...come on, lets see what I have." I follow her into her room and of course I take the time to examine how it looks while she fishes through a drawer for extra clothes. My eyes land on her butt that is sitting perfectly in those shorts. My eyes shoot back up when I hear her talking again.

"Here are some basketball shorts and a tank top you can borrow. I nod and say thank you. I begin to slip of my soaked shirt, I look over to Shannon and see her starring at me with her mouth wide open.

"Would you rather I change in the bathroom?" I stand there in my bra and jeans laughing to myself as she rubs her face. "Um, no, no you are fine. I will go, just come out when you are done." I laugh as she walks out of the room. I finish changing and put my wet clothes in the bathroom. I sit down on the side of Shannon's bed just thinking how much of a mess my life has become. Only three more days until I am 18. I don't know how long I have been sitting here but I hear a knock at the door.