Chapter 12

Logan's POV

Cam: Greg said he doesn't want anything to do with Julianna and I. My Mom is looking at houses in North Carolina. I don't know what to do.

Me: We will be okay, everything will be just fine. North Carolina is only 3-4 hours away. I'll come visit.

Cam: I don't know if I can raise a baby on my own.

Me: You can do it Cam and you won't be alone.

Cam: blah. Thanks Lo. How are you and Miss Peters? Did y'all talk?

Me: yeah, finally. She was more understanding than I expected her to be.

Cam: I told you she would be. Y'all make a cute couple.

Me: We aren't a couple but thanks.

Cam: whatever. At least not yet you aren't!

Cam and I have been texting back and forth all evening since I left Shannon's. I feel so much better since I've told her the truth about everything.

I've even thought about moving to N.C if that's where Cam ends up. I don't want to loose my best friend but if Shannon and I could be a thing, I don't want to loose her either.

I look at the clock and notice it's almost 6pm. I better fix myself some dinner before it gets to late.

As I sitting at the table eating I hear my phone go off.

Shannon: Thanks for talking to me today, it really meant a lot.

Me: thank you for being there for me.

Shannon: I told you I would be!

Me: I was thinking, can I cook you dinner Friday before I go to work?

Shannon: Are you asking me out on a date Miss Daniels?

I smile at myself.

Me: if that's what you want to call it, I'm fine with that.

Shannon: sure, I would love to have dinner with you.

Me: see you tomorrow beautiful?

Shannon: wish it was sooner! ;-)

I sit my phone down and finish my dinner. I grab my book bag and decide to actually do my homework for Miss Peters class.

....
Shannon's POV

"Girl! She invited you over for dinner?!" Kasey giggled into the phone.

"Yes, she did. I asked her was it a date and she said she was okay with that title." I laugh at the way Kasey giggles even louder.

"Awee y'all are so cute. I'm glad Rachel is out of the picture." I sit there in silence not sure of how to answer.

"Shannon? Rachel is out of the picture right?" I play with the hem of my shorts trying to think of how to explain things.

"Well yeah, I mean we aren't together but she's been texting and calling." I've been wanting to tell Logan but I didn't want to freak her out.

"Shannon, I swear you need to block her number and get a restraining order. That girl is crazy. You know how she use to treat you and you see how she did Logan."

"I know, I know Kase! I don't know why I can't cut her off completely."

"Mhmm, well you better do it soon before somebody gets hurt." I look at the clock and see it's getting late.