2.Patience

Jared's P.O.V

   I was sitting at my desk in our secret hiding place. I stared at the papers in my hands that had all the information that I needed. I've been following Devin Miller around for years already but I never knew how to actually get her to talk to me.

   I had been planning for a while now on how I would make my first moves, play her own games and get her to be mine. Finally after all these years everything was set to go and I had learned enough about her. 

"So Jared, how is everything going so far?" Daylin asked from behind, I didn't notice when she came in.

"Just perfect so far, hopefully it ends well." I replied and let go of the papers.   

   Daylin was the only one from our group that understood me. At first everyone was against me loving Devin, they thought that it would be dangerous for our secret. After a lot of persuading I got Lexi to at least give me a chance. I knew what I had to do and I wasn't going to make the wrong moves. 

"Are you sure you don't need me to do anything?"

"Not yet but if I do I'll be sure to call you first."

"Okay then. I better go back to my house there are some plans to make for our trip to Seattle on Sunday."

"Mhm." I mumbled as she walked off. The ticking sound of her heels on the hard floor slowly fading.

I was the only one here today, everyone was back at their houses. Unlike me, I had been here since morning. 

I stared at the picture of Devin in my hand. But it was of her before her mother's death- or killing would be the right word in this case.

She was a completely different person back then and I sort of find it another mission of mine to bring her back to the way she was. You see, I knew Devin a little while  before her mother's killing and when we found her and her sister as in Devin's mother and aunt I didn't know it was her back then. That's why I wasn't against the plan but after I found out, I felt really disgusted of myself for accepting to something like that. 

I remember one day when I was in my car with the windows tinted black and parked on the street across from Devin's house. It was mid-June as I was just sitting there and watching. I saw the front door open and she skip out of the house with a notebook in her hand that was her journal. Her light brown hair was jumping around her shoulders and shining in the light as she went and sat down in the grass of her front lawn. That was probably one of her most favorite places as she came out there almost every day. Just sitting to think or write something. 

She sat with her feet crossed and placed the journal on her lap, opening it and turning through pages. She took out a pen and started writing on an empty page, stopping to think every now and then. When she was finished she laid down on the grass and just stared up at the sun. 

I couldn't help but smiling and I yearned to just go and lay down next to her at those moments. 

I snapped out of that mini dream and stared at my watch: 4:30. Time to make my plan come true.