6.Some fun...

Devin's P.O.V

Both Kristen and I walked behind Jared into the house that was exploding with music. Inside: the room was very dark and there were people dancing around almost the entire room. There were bright, white spotlights flickering across the whole room from the walls to the floor. The crowd was large and a everyone seemed to be dancing wildly and not just sitting around, this thought made me bite my lip and then grin widely. Finally it was time to have a little fun. 

   Kristen already made way past me and went towards the dance floor to mingle with others. I looked at both sides and didn't see Jared anywhere. Oh great they were ditching me already. I decided to make my way to the bar that was at the end of the room. Just then the song changed to something a little more calm compared to the heavy music it was before.

   The bar seats were empty so I just jumped onto one of the tall stools by the bar and put both of my hands on the counter.

"Hello there what can I get you today?" The guy behind the counter said putting the glass he had in his hands down and grinned at me. He had brown hair that was spiky in a way but I didn't quite see his eye color in this lighting. 

"Hmm, I'm not so sure. What do you think I should drink today?" I said putting my finger on my cheek. 

"Well, how about the latest cocktail? It doesn't sell much because most girls think it's too strong."

"I think I can handle that." I winked and he nodded.

"Coming right up." 

Soon it was ready and it put it on the counter in front of me. I smiled and picked it up, taking a sip first. 

"So?"

"It's excellent," I said putting it back down on the counter.

"Glad you liked it then." He grinned and moved onto setting the bottles back in their places.

   I continued to drink the cocktail slowly as we made conversation in some ways. 

Jared's P.O.V

I had decided to spend some time dancing here in the crowd so Devin didn't think I was stalking her but instead I met Kristen in the crowd. She didn't seem to leave the area where I was and even said some things in between songs that I didn't really pay attention to. For one because the music was too loud and second because all that was on my mind now is Devin. 

   I didn't see where she was quite until I finally spotted her by the bar about a half hour later. I decided to walk up to her and make a move but what I saw shocked me instead.

Calm down Jared, you knew about this kind of behavior. I said to myself in my head as I saw her making out with another guy by the bar. 

   I knew about the sick, player type games that she played all the time and that she was an awful flirt, but I just couldn't stand seeing her with anyone else. I didn't know whether it was jealousy or anger but I was growling on the inside already. Out of my control for some reason I walked up to them and pulled Devin away from their make-out session, grasping her by the arm.

"Hey! What the hell was that for?!" She yelled not looking at me yet.