11.Jerk

Devin's P.O.V

  I've been up since 6 in the morning, laying down on my bed facing the ceiling. I was already dressed in this outfit. For some reason I couldn't get any sleep that night, I was too caught up in my thoughts to actually get some sleep. I glanced once at the clock: 1:54. I sighed and got up from my bed. My aunt had left for work at around 10 by just giving me a simple goodbye.

   I looked through my phone contact book and stopped on Kristen's number. I thought about calling her but then I just turned my phone back off. She was probably busy with Lucas and I didn't really feel like doing anything at this moment. I grabbed my sunglasses from my nightstand and went downstairs and out of the house, locking the door on my way out. I walked down the sidewalk with my hair bouncing around on my shoulders. I knew this outfit wasn't anything close to my style but I didn't feel like impressing anyone today. 

   I walked randomly for who knows how long, mainly just letting the thoughts sink in. I wasn't really concentrating in front of me, it was all just a large blur. Jared was gone on his trip already and Kristen was more the less occupied. I sighed and walked into the nearest mini market that caught my eye and bought a can sprite, before walking back out. I put it in my bag before walking again with both hands in my pockets. 

   I soon noticed that I was near a park so I decided to go in, stepping on the green grass. I avoided the mud in most spots as I made my way over to the swing set that was surprisingly empty. It was usually filled with kids here since it was the middle of summer. 

   Whatever, I thought and dropped my bag on the sand, taking out my drink and popping it open. I drank it as I slowly rocked back and forth on the swing. Sometimes I liked having these lazy days where I spent the day to myself. Time passed but I wasn't keeping track of how much.

10 minutes, 20, 30 even? I wasn't sure and nor did I care. I soon caught my attention on a guy walking not too far from where I was sitting, he had both his hands in his pockets and was randomly staring at the trees as he walked. Then I noticed it was Lucas.

Shit. Don't notice me, don't notice me...

He looked at me and grinned.

And he noticed me.

I groaned lightly to myself as he walked over to me. It was nothing personal, I just wanted to be alone right now.

"Hey Devin, what's up?"

"Nothing," I simply said taking another sip of my Sprite.

"So, I didn't know someone like you would just be sitting here at the park." He leaned against the swing set.

"Someone like what?"I asked raising an eyebrow.

He seemed to hesitate before answering. "Someone so beautiful and daring as you."

"Thanks," I mumbled, I couldn't care less. "Aren't you supposed to be with Kristen?" I asked looking at him now.

"Nah, we don't got plans today but I would like to make plans with you. Wanna go back to my place since it looks like you got nothing better to do?"

I shook my head, "Not interested, and you're dating Kristen, remember?" I drank the last drop of my drink.

"So, she's not my girlfriend or anything."

"But maybe you forgot that she's my best friend," I said standing up. 

"She doesn't have to know about it," he grinned and took a step closer to me.

   I threw the can on the floor and smashed it with my foot before picking it up again to throw away. He took another step closer and pulled the hair away from my face, tucking it behind my ear.

"Besides I know your single."

"Doesn't make a difference," I pulled his hand away from my face but he just wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled me closer. "Lucas, I'm not interested. Can't you seem to get that in the tiny brain of yours?" I nearly growled as I pushed him off. 

"Now babe, no need to play all that hard-to-get crap with me." He said and I just threw the can at him.

"I'm not playing anything with you, now just leave me alone jerk." I picked up my bag from the ground and started walking out of the park as fast as I could. 

Man Kristen, we sure need to have a talk about that idiot next time around. 

(Sorry it's short! I'm kinda busy but the next one will be longer, pinky promise :)