12. Seattle

Jared's P.O.V

   I kept look out on the roof of this abandoned building. Daylin was sitting on the roof concrete floor with her legs crossed next to me. Kat was on my right side looking with binoculars. There was an alley between these two buildings where we knew was the new meeting spot for most gangs. They traded lots of things from money all the way up to people for slaves. We weren't interested in their business but we were interested in what they had. 

   I looked at the watch on my hand that read 1:30 am. Yes, it was 1 in the morning already; already Monday morning. This was the normal time for these kinds of events to take place. 

   Luna, Lexi and Mike were on the other roof top of the building right across from this one. We were in the part of the city where there weren't many people so getting caught wasn't an option. I tried to keep my eyes focused on the street but my only attention was about Devin. All this thinking of her was going to cost me and the group one day. I really had to stop messing up so much before exposing us all. 

   The so called date with Devin wasn't the best yesterday, of course it wasn't officially one but we all had to start somewhere. I hated that Lucas guy very much that it's not even possible to tell. I wonder what he's doing right now, I better not found out that he touched even a single strand of hair from Devin or else he was dead. I only wished to be there with her right now but this was business. 

   I put those thoughts to the side as I saw a black van coming down the street and parking right in the middle. I glanced once at the other roof where Lexi and the others were. She mouthed to get ready to make a move.

"Show time," I whispered to Kat and Daylin as I grabbed my green and black mask, putting it over my eyes. They already had theirs on but came to look over the edge with me. I looked down and saw about 3 people coming out from the van: 2 boys and a girl. 

   Lexi held up two fingers meaning it was time to go. All six of us jumped down from the roof at the same time. It was only 1 story high so there was no reason for ropes or anything else. We all landed on our feet and watched the confused faces that the 3 had in front of us.

"Who the hell are you?" The girl standing in the middle asked.

"That's none of your business." Lexi smirked and ran as fast as she could jumping on one of the guys. Daylin ran to the same person that Lexi was attacking. Kat and Luna automatically attacked the girl as Mike and I took the third guy standing. 

   There were lots of punches being thrown here and there through those few minutes. Everything was fast and clean, soon all 3 were on the ground, passed out. 

"Hmph, pretty weaklings," I said as we stared at them on the ground covered in blood.

"Easiest win ever," Mike agreed and took one of the bodies throwing it in a large, black bag that he had. All three of them were eventually now in bags as Mike, Kat and Luna took them to be disposed somewhere in the ocean. I broke the van door open and the three of us filled inside looking through the items inside.

   Lexi picked up a white bag and opened it up, her facing brightening. "Cha ching," she said and laughed lightly. 

   We picked up any bags filled with money there were and quickly fled from the area. We soon reached the other side of the building where our second car was parked. I threw the bags of money in to the trunk and pulled my gloves off, throwing them inside as well. We soon piled inside and I started to drive out of town as fast as possible. 

"Good work, this was excellent for one day's work," Lexi grinned while taking her black and gold mask off.

"Agreed!" Daylin laughed and started jumping in her seat in the back. 

   I turned up the music that was playing on the radio and we sang along while driving through the night life of the city.  We drove the whole night and were arriving back to Los Angeles around 9 in the morning. I drove fast, even past the speed limits some times at night when there weren't any police around. Soon I drove into the garage of our secret hiding place. The others were ride behind us in the other car as we parked inside. We all came out and took the elevator down to the underground section of the building. Lexi and Kat set the bags of money on a table and started opening them up. We spent about another hour counting and dividing the cash up. We all took our fair share and went to the large lounge room we had upstairs. 

   We had made a stop to a mini market early in the morning to buy beer, pretzels, chips and a lot of other snacks to enjoy now and a few extra packs to keep in the mini fridge here. Daylin put a new comedy film in the DVD player and we sat on the large couch with the snacks enjoying the rest of the morning. 

   I was very eager to see Devin again today but I thought about giving her today off by not staying around her so much. I thought about going to see her just with my car again, and not having to set something up but the whole day was still in front of us. There was plenty of time to make plans later.

Devin's P.O.V

   I woke up quite late in the morning it was almost noon but yesterday was one of the most boring day in my life. For once I felt like I wanted to go back to work actually. I didn't expect my aunt to be home when I walked downstairs to the kitchen still in my pajamas and messed up hair. I started to make pancakes for some reason my stomach was craving them. Once they were all ready and I was covered in flour I went upstairs to take a shower and change. I put on a pair of jeans shorts and a white tank top paired with my black converse and an orange necklace. I put random bracelets on my arms before going back downstairs for breakfast. I ate 3 pancakes with strawberries on it before putting the rest away in the fridge. I still felt a little sleepy and my head was spinning in a way. 

   I opened the pantry looking for some coffee but to my luck we were all out.

"Just great," I rolled my eyes and grabbed my car keys leaving the house. Aunt Mary hardly ever drank coffee and that was one of the many reasons why she never bought it. 

   I got in my car and started driving with the windows down. It seemed to be very hot today, like a boiling 100 degrees. The wind from the window cooled me off a little until I reached the parking lot of Starbucks.