Chapter 40

*A Month Later*

-Alex's POV-

So today is the day I propose to Marie. I love her so much & from the first moment I saw her I was gonna make her mine. She's smart, beautiful, talented, & I know I can be myself around her at all times. "So which ring do you think she'll love?", I asked. "Are you sure about this shit?", Marquise asked looking at the rings. "Yes for the 100th time bro", I responded annoyed that he keeps asking me the same damn question over & over again. "Just checking, damn", he mumbled picking up a ring. "I like this one", he said. "It doesn't matter what you like it's about Marie", Julian responded. I know, bad combination with Julian & Marquise plus Langston is here too. You would think that he'd be feeling some type of way but he's cool about it. He offered to come help me pick out the ring & everything. "Don't start with me nigga", Marquise said. "I'm not but I'll damn sure finish the shit", Julian responded smirking. "Chill bro", I said to Marquise. "Yeah, chill Ju. Stop tryna start shit", Lang said to Julian. They both glared at each other but didn't say anything else to each other, thank you! "Which one you think Lang?", I asked holding up a ring. He smiled, "MaMa gone pass out when she sees that ring bro", Lang responded. "We got a winner?", Marquise asked. I nodded, "Yeah, now let's go before something catches your eye", I responded. Marquise rolled his eyes, "Man fu... Damn she bad", he said looking passed us at some female. I shook my head, "Yeah she is", Julian agreed. "Nigga, you married", Lang said shaking his head. "True, but I'm not blind. She's bad but she's nothing to Neicey in my eyes", he responded smiling. He really loves her too. "She still bad though", Marquise said. "Go get the hoe's number already", I said irritated. He laughed, "Don't worry I am", he responded walking away from us. He's the bro but he's in love with fucking hoes which is why he & Ashley broke up because he couldn't be faithful. I hope he straps up because I'd hate to find out he caught some shit. Well back to now, I got the ring & the only thing left is to propose tonight. I hope she says yes because I really just want her to be mine forever.

-Ashley's POV-

We all know about Alex's plans for tonight so we're getting Marie ready without letting her know anything's up. Right now we're shopping out outfits for tonight with Marie under the impression that we're going out to dinner tonight. "So what about this dress?", NeNe asked holding up a strapless black dress. "Where's the rest of the damn dress at?", I asked. She rolled her eyes, "Hater", she responded. I giggled, "That'd get you pregnant if you already wasn't", I said & she smirked. "Oh then I'm def getting it", she responded. "Hookah", I joked. "Why you mad?", she joked back. Marie's trying on a dress in the dressing room so it's only me, NeNe, Angel right now. "I just realized that I'm the only bitch that can drink tonight", I bluntly said & they glared at me which made me laugh. "Didn't nobody tell y'all to get pregnant again", I joked. "Fuck", NeNe said through clenched teeth. "You", Angel finished rolling her eyes. "Awe, look at MaMa", I cooed & they turned around to see her in a blue long sleeved dress that hugged her curves & the back was out. She had on some accessories she picked to match along with some heels & she really did look beautiful. She looks, damn. No homo though! "One big room full of pregnant bad bitches", I joked & we fell out laughing. "Do you have your dresses or whatever?", she asked us looking herself over in the mirror. "Yes, now let's go pay because we need to eat", NeNe responded rubbing her still flat stomach. "Don't be tryna use that baby as an excuse for you being fat. Just say you wanna eat bitch", Angel said. NeNe rolled her eyes, "Let's go!", she yelled. "Let me change back then we can or you can gone ahead", Marie responded. "Nah, we gone wait", I said. "Yeah, now go get changed because my baby is actually hungry", Angel said rubbing her stomach. We waited on Marie then we went got something to eat at the food court. So we all just sat down & I looked up & saw Lang n'em with some hoes. Calm down Ashley. He's not cheating on you so chill. He loves you remember? He whispered in some hoe's ear & I excused myself & went over to them. "Hey Alex", I said excitedly. He smiled, "Hey Ash, did y'all get her a new outfit like I asked?", he responded. "Let's just say that her outfit was gone get her pregnant if she wasn't already", I said. "Damn, are we invisible?", Marquise asked & I rolled my eyes. "Hey Marquise, hey JuJu", I responded & glared at Lang. He looked confused as hell too. "Did y'all get the ring?", I asked. "Yeah, I just hope she loves the ring & say yes", Alex responded. I smiled at him, "She's gone say hell yes to you. She really loves you & even if you gave her a dollar store ring she'd love it because it came from you", I assured him & his face lit up. "So you not gone speak to me now ma?", Lang asked. I'm a be nice. "Sorry, I didn't see you Langston. Oh hey, I'm Ashley Langston's girlfriend/ babymama", I responded. "Oh, so you're Ashley? He told me about you", the hoe he was talking to said smiling. I raised a brow, "Really? All good I hope", I responded. She nodded, "Yes & your daughter is beautiful", she said. I smiled, "Thank you. Well I gotta get back to my hoes...", Julian cut me off. "My wife ain't a hoe", he said. "Nor is mine", Day added. "Y'all niggas are overprotective", I responded. "It's our job to be", Ju said. "If that wasn't cute I'd say something but I'm a leave it alone. Anyways, bye y'all & I love you Lang", I said blowing him a kiss. He rolled his eyes, "I love you too", he responded. While I was walking back over to the women Lang texted me so I stopped walking.*texting*