Chapter 12: Staying Over

Early the next morning, Sloane begins to wake up, rubbing her eyes and rolling over. She sits up, seeing the empty spot beside her as she holds the comforter to her naked body. She gets up and pulls the shirt on from the night before and then her panties. Sloane opens the door, not saying anything but walking through Liam's house looking for him.

          She then hears the front door open, Liam walking in wearing shorts and a cutoff shirt, earbuds in his ears and two coffees in hand. 

           "Hey," he grins, pulling out his earbuds, coffee in hand. "Good morning."

           "Morning," Sloane smiles, kneeling and scratching Gunner's ears.

          "I got some coffee, but I'd probably warm it up if I were you," Liam says, handing the cup to her.

          "Thanks," she smiles taking a sip, leaning against the counter and drinking some more of it. "Where's my dress?"

          "I actually sent it to the cleaners. I hope you don't mind? I didn't want to ruin it..."

          "I don't mind. Thank you. Your house is nice," Sloane says, walking around his kitchen and into the living room with her coffee.

         "Thanks. Not bad for a contractor who gives half his paycheck each week to his sister huh?" Liam smiles taking a sip.

          "That's not what I meant."

          "I know. I'm just saying," he smiles and hearing the buzzing of Sloane's phone. "Eric's trying to get ahold of you," Liam smirks.

          "Considering I left him at a charity gala last night, probably."

          "You can text him or call him back if you want."

          "Because you're my boss," Sloane rolls her eyes and texts him back.

           "I'm just saying. You hungry?"

          "No, I really should be going," she stands up, finishing her coffee.

          "You know you'd be staying if Eric didn't text you."

          "This really has nothing to do with him," Sloane laughs.

          "Okay. I'll let you believe that..."

          She rolls her eyes and goes upstairs and grabs her purse and shoes from last night. Liam sighs looking down at his phone to see a text from Javier, inviting him to poker night. He looks up as Sloane comes down the stairs wearing a pair of his boxers and the shirt.

          "So now you're taking my clothes?" Liam winks at her.

         "You sent my dress out," she smiles, calling a cab.

         "Fine. Keep those as a souvenir," he winks.

         Sloane doesn't say anything but walking out to the cab and getting in. Gunner whines when Sloane leaves, liking her. Liam smiles petting Gunner who's laying on the floor pouting.