Chapter 75: Finally

"Liam,"  Sloane says softly, laying against him, bodies beaded with sweat.

          "Yeah?" he says softly, lightly rubbing her back.

           "I love you," she whispers.

           "I love you too," he smiles kissing her. Liam waiting a long time to hear those three words.

          The door opens, Mackenzie standing there wearing her pajamas and holding her bear. Liam moves the covers up more around them.

          "Hey cutie," Liam smiles.

          "Monster" she pouts a little, crinkling her nose.

          "Come on," Liam patting the bed as she walks over, climbing on the bed. He turns the TV on for some cartoons but Mackenzie not lasting very long as she starts to doze off—laying in between the pair.

          "Want me to put her in her room?" Sloane asks softly.

          "No, it's fine. She'll end up back in the bed by the end of the night," Liam says softly.

          "Was this, like a wedding hookup?" Sloane asks softly.

         "What?" he asks confused.

          "This," she motions to them.

          "No," he shakes his head. "Those other girls that were glaring at you at the reception are hookups. You're not a hookup," he smiles.

          Sloane smiles, Liam leaning over and kissing her forehead. He notices the scars across her forearms from back when Kyle and Eric had their way.

          "You know this all started with me in your bed," Sloane smiles.

          "And yeah it's ending that way too," he smiles wrapping his arm around his sleeping daughter and Sloane. "You're finally home," Liam smiles.

          "I am," she nods looking at the man and the little girl she wants to spend the rest of her life with. Finally.