Chapter 16: Surprise Guest

Sitting at Eric's parents, Sloane not listening to him go and on about work, her mind running everywhere, thinking of Liam.

          "You alright?"'

          "Fine," she nods.

           "You're not thinking about that loser, right?" Eric smirks.

           "No," she glares, "I'm not."

          "Okay good."

           They get ready to go. Eric takes her back to her building but then going out once he leaves, walking around campus having lots of things on her mind.

           She gets a text from Hope.

          "You're not home yet? Should I be worried?"

          "No. Just walking around. I'll be back soon."

          "Everything okay?"

          "Yep just taking a walk," putting her phone on silent and tucking it in her pocket.

           She keeps walking and then finds a bench sitting down. She sees a familiar furry face running towards her. The dog jumps up and on her lap. "Hi Gunner," she smiles, scratching his ears.

          "I'm so sorry," Liam runs up, grabbing the dog's collar.

           "It's okay."

          Liam then sees its Sloane. "Hey..."

           "Hey," she smiles, looking at Gunner as he sits on the ground between them, his tail wagging.

          "You okay?"

          "Of course why wouldn't I be?"

           "You just look like something is bothering you."

         "I'm fine," she smiles. "But I should get going."

           "Wait, Sloane, " Liam says softly watching her.

           "Hmm?" she turns.

           "You wanna come over?"

            She just looks at him.

            "Just for an hour," Liam says.

           Sloane walks towards him, walking back with him towards Liam's place. Mostly in silence.

           "You're normally not this quiet," Liam says as they walk back, Gunner in front.

          "What do you want me to say?"

           "Are you sure you're okay?"

            "I'm fine," Sloane says, nudging him a little bit.

          "Okay."

          Gunner jumps up at Sloane, his head hitting her jaw. "Gunner..." she smiles.

          "Dude stop," Liam scolds the dog, walking to the front door. They walk in. "Sorry about the mess. I was in the middle of cleaning when asshole over there ran out."

           "He's not an asshole," she smiles, kicking off her shoes and sitting on the couch. Gunner jumping on her.

          "Yeah he's totally an asshole. Do you want anything to drink?"

           "I'm alright thanks."

           Liam finishes in the kitchen, coming out and sitting on the couch as Gunner is on the other couch with Sloane, his head in her lap as she is running her fingers across his head.

          "That dog loves you," Liam smiles.

           "Well, he is adorable."

          Liam grins, turning the TV on neither one of them saying much as he flips through the channels. He looks over at Sloane starting to fall asleep against the couch. Abruptly, the front door opens and slams shut, a tall blonde walking.

          "What the hell?" Liam looks over, Sloane and Gunner waking up.

          "What the hell yourself asshole," she storms in, obviously a little drunk or on something. Her eyes move over to Sloane. "This your ass of the night?" walking over to Sloane. "Good luck honey. He'll nail you and bail you."

           Liam walks over, grabbing her arm. "Get out of my house," starting to pull her to the door. "I haven't spoken to you in months."

            "Obviously," she glares at him, moving her sweater and Liam sees she's pregnant.

          Liam swallows hard. "Why the hell are you here?"

          She slams Liam's chest with a paper. "You're the father asshole."

          "I should go, " Sloane sitting up.

           Liam takes the paper as she storms out looking at Sloane. "No, you don't have to."

           She walks over to him by the door, putting her hand on his chest, "I should though," her nails lightly scratching down. "You said an hour."

          "Don't leave because she came in here."

          "Goodnight Liam."

          "Okay," he nods. Sloane leaning up and kissing him hard on the lips. "Sloane, I hope this isn't forward but can I possibly have your number?"

          Sloane smiles patting his chest before walking out. He sees a piece of paper tucked under Gunner's collar. He kneels and takes the paper as Gunner runs off to play. He opens it.

          "Since you're too much of a chicken to ask," the note says, her number on it.

           Liam laughs as he goes into the kitchen where his phone is. He sets the paper down and then looking at the little piece of paper Sloane left. He inputs the number.

           He texts her.

           "I was gonna ask you eventually ;)" he texts.

          "Mhm sure you were."

           "I'm sorry about what happened."

          "It happens. Hope everything works out with it."

          "It may not even be mine. She's crazy..."

          "It's fine. You don't have to defend it to me."

         "Sloane I really like you."

           "I have a boyfriend."

           "Really? Cause it doesn't seem like it."

          "Why is that?"

           "You really just asked me that question?"

           "You really don't know anything about my life. Yeah, we had sex twice shit happens."

           "If you want to play it like that fine. Your boyfriend is a dick."

           "Liam you don't know him."

          "Okay Sloane. At least I know how to treat someone with respect. He doesn't know how to do that. You saw him at that gala. That guy doesn't deserve you."

          "You saw him for 5 minutes at the gala!"

          "Okay, yeah doesn't surprise me that you're defending a guy that you've cheated on twice with me. Night Sloane," he texts her annoyed, heading upstairs.