Chapter 23: Dating Two

"Would you," sliding her hand up and down Liam's bare torso, "rather eat broccoli or sunflower seeds the rest of your life?" Sloane asks, finding her way back into Liam's bed a few weeks later.

          "Broccoli no question," Liam laughs, kissing her temple. Sloane having spent the last two days with him since Eric is out of town on a business trip. "When is your dinner with Eric?"

          "Eight," she says quietly. It only being four.

          "So you'll leave here about what? Seven?"

          "Probably six. I have to go home and get clothes."

           "Oh alright," Liam nods, still looking at the TV.

          "I can't wear sweatpants and t-shirts to dinner," Sloane looks at him, patting his chest.

          "Dinner with me you can," Liam laughs.

          6:02 rolls around, Sloane standing up, "I got to get going."

         "Do you really have to?" Liam asks, sitting up on his elbows.

          "You know I do."

          Liam sits up, reaching over and sliding his hand on her lower back and pulling her closer. "Come on," he smiles.

          "Come on what," she smiles, leaning down as she's straddling his torso.

          "Call him and tell him you're sick, stay with me," he smiles, kissing her deeper. "You're not better yet."

          Her phone vibrates on the charger.

          "See?" she grins and leans over him, reaching up to grab it as her shirt comes up a bit showing her stomach.

          "Are you on your way?" the message from Eric reading.

          "Ran late at work, will be there soon," she replies, tossing the phone back on the nightstand, looking down at Liam.

          "Please?" he asks, sliding his hands to her sides.

          Sloane smiles, leaning down and kissing him sweetly. She gets up and leaves his shirt on before heading home to change.