Chapter 58: Little Doll

A few months go by, and Liam still hasn't heard from Sloane. Hope texting him every once in a while telling him she hasn't seen her but never gets anything back from Liam. Mackenzie is turning one in a few weeks, and she is walking, and mumbling up a storm. She's walking around the house with a few dolls in her hands before sitting down with Gunner and playing with him. Liam watches her sitting on the couch, TV on, recently getting word that Natasha, Mackenzie's mom, and boyfriend are in jail and will be in the system for a while—a slew of drug charges against them.

          Liam hears the front door open, Javier and his girlfriend come in, Mackenzie waving.

          "What's up, man?" Javier asks, sitting down.

          "Nothing, just watching this troublemaker over there getting into everything," Liam laughs.

           "Like father, like daughter," Javier laughs.

           "Dude, Natasha is doing some hard time. I just found out I got full custody."

          "That's great man. Congrats. Are you having a birthday party for Mac?"

           "Yeah, I planned on it."

          "You okay man?"

          "Hmm? Yeah, I'm cool bro," Liam smiles.

          "Good. You want Mandy to invite a few of her friends to the party?" Javier smirks.

           "And why would I ask her to do that?" Liam laughs.

           "Could be fun."

           "Sure man. Whatever," Liam says, running a hand through his hair.

           "Man, she looks exactly like you," Javier smiles.

          "What are you guys out doing today?" Liam asks.

           "Driving around. A few errands and stuff. Brought your little princess a birthday present."

           "You didn't have to man," Liam smiles.

           "I know. I know. You can take care of her yourself," he smiles, standing up and handing her the box. "Happy birthday princess."

           Mandy helps her, Gunner laying beside them, very protective of Mackenzie. Inside is a doll, brown curly hair and brown eyes, a few freckles, wearing a fancy dress. Mackenzie hugs the doll.

           "Thanks guys. She likes it."

          "You guys staying for dinner?"

          "Yeah, we can bro," Javier nods.