Chapter 20: Busted

Liam walks into the bar later that evening, sure enough, Sloane behind the bar serving drinks. He walks up as a seat opens.

          "Hey," she walks over. "Can I get you a drink?" she smiles.

          "Hey, yeah a Miller Lite is fine."

          "Watching your figure?" she smiles, popping a cap off one and setting it in front of Liam.

          "Always. How late are you working?"

           "Midnight," she says, giving a waitress a tray.

           "You wanna go get something to eat afterward?"

           "What place is open at midnight?"

           "The diner about a mile from here is open twenty-four hours."

          "Sure," she smiles. She sees Liam look down at his phone from time to time. "Waiting for a call?"

           "Nah," he smiles.

           "Then you're looking at your phone quite often."

           "Well, I'm waiting for someone to get off."

          "Then you got a few hours to wait."

          "That's fine. I got a good view," he winks.

           Sloane smiles going back to work, one of the waitresses calling her over. He watches her walk away, drinking his beer and pulling out his phone, texting Javier.

          "I'm gonna tell her how I feel," he texts Javier.

           "Man don't. Just tell her you gotta leave. She ain't going to leave her boyfriend."

            Liam sighs looking over at Sloane, laughing with the girl she's making the drink for. She smiles brightly, shaking the shaker as Liam sees the hickeys on her neck from earlier in the morning. Liam almost gets up to leave but seeing her smiling as he leans back in his chair.

          "Hey, Sloane, can I get another beer when you get a chance?"

           She nods, getting him another beer and taking the empty one.               "Any food?"

           "No, remember you're getting food with me when you get off," Liam winks.

           "I know," Sloane smiles, "but that's another three hours. Fries? Wings?" she asks, Liam getting a good look at the damage he did to her neck and collarbone.

          Another bartender walks over, "Holy hell Sloane. Eric must have been drinking again to give you those marks."

           Sloane glares at her before looking back at Liam. "Are you sure?"

           "Yeah I'm fine," Liam winks, Javier texting him back.

          "Dude come over. We're just hanging out and watching a movie."

          "Um and be the third wheel? I don't think so."

          "You know it's not like that. Come on you, and I can do something then. I'm not going to let you get crushed by this girl."

           "Javi I have to do this," he texts back, both girls walking to the register.

           "What's up with that?" the other waitress asks Sloane.

          "With what?" Sloane answers back, ringing in a few drinks from the bar.

           "I saw him wink at you."

          "People wink at me all the time."

         "Uh, you guys had this look looking at each other. Wait, those hickeys aren't from Eric are they?"

          "Of course they are," she shushes her. "Who else would they be from? Go back to work."

          "Mhm," she smirks walking away.