Chapter 9 | PANTHERLILY?!!

Levy

I woke up with a pounding headache. I struggled to remember what happened. "Wait.... Nuclear bomb..?" I asked, sitting up.

"Hey, Shrimp." The voice I did NOT expect to hear say. "G-Gajeel?! What-where are we?" I asked. "On the earth." He answered.

"Nah, duh. What happened?" I asked. "Some kind of nuclear bomb hit us." He said. "Why?" I asked. "I don't know!!! Why are you looking at me?!!" He asked.

"True... How did you find me?" I asked. "Turns out we weren't so far apart. But it was all thanks to this little guy." He said, patting PantherLily's head.

"Thank you for giving me credit, Gajeel!" He said. Wait-THE CAT TALKED?!!!

"WHOA WHOA WHOA!!!" He said, jerking his hand off of him. "Wait... You can hear me?!" Lily asked. "I SURE AS H(HECK) CAN!!!" He yelled.

"Quiet down." I scolded. "YOUR CAT IS TALKING TO ME!!" He said. "I'm just as surprised as you." I said. "It must be the radiation." Lily said. "It makes since..." I said.

"So... What do our houses look like?" I asked, scared to know the answer. "You don't want to see." Gajeel said.

"Really?" I asked. "We were under five feet of rubble. There's a huge creator where the bomb hit, not very far from us. We're lucky we made it out." He said. "I guess I should thank you for saving my life... Again..." I said.

"No problem. But hey, I have a suggestion." He said. "What?" I asked. "How about we all stick together?" He asked. "That's a good idea for survival." Lily said. "I'm down!" I said.

"Alright. Now-Levy. I see you have a bag. What's in it?" He asked. "Um, let's see..." I said, pulling the bag off my back and rummaging through it's supplies.

"Some canned food, a few bottles of water, my Bible, and that's about it.." I said. "Yikes. We're going to have to make that last." He said. "Yep. Until we can find something." I said.

"It's the beginning of the end of the world. There's not going to be any supplies. It's going to be utter chaos." He said. "It's not the end of the world." I said.

"Yeah, it is. This island has been half blown off the map. It's probably flooding now because of the creator, not to mention the gasses." He said. "Man. How are we going to get off this island?" I asked.

"There's no way. Unless..." He said, getting an idea apparently. "Crap." He said, suddenly. "What?" I asked.

"When Poison and I had robbed somewhere recently, we had a car that turned into a submarine. I wish we could get to it, but it's on the other side of the island." He said. "Well, let's just go. Hold our breath." I said.

"You don't understand." He said, shaking his head. "That stuff... If you breathe too much of it, I'm SURE it's lethal. Not to mention it made me puke my guts out so now I'm starving." He said. "Oh..." I said, slightly disgusted that I was sleeping beside him while he puked on the ground. Let's forget that ever happened.

"Then, how do we get off the island?" I asked. "We need to start exploring." He said. "Okay... Looking for..?" I asked. "A town that's still operating, or has some loot. It's been a few hours since the bomb hit, so I bet everyone's packed their stuff and left. If we can hurry up and get there, we can get some supplies." He said.

"That's under the assumption that there IS a town, and that we find it before other people do." Lily added. "I still can't get used to you talking..." I said. "But, yeah, I agree." I said.

"Okay, then, let's go." He said, standing up. He offered me his hand. I took it and he helped me up. Pain struck my head like a knife blade. "You okay?" He asked, lightly putting his hand on my back incase I fell. He really WAS nice.

"I-I think so. But we're going to have to go slow and careful." I said. "I can't promise anything, but we can try." Gajeel said.

So, with his hand still on my back, we ventured into the forest, hoping to find a town. The island was pretty populated with a lot of cities in it, so hopefully we'd find one of them.

*Author's Note*

Not a LONG chapter, but now, as you can see, this book will be mainly about survival. I don't know what I have coming for you guys, but I'm sure when you get it, you'll like it, because the only reason I write is to entertain the people who may or may not read it.

Thank you for reading, and I will see you all in the next chapter!

~Angel Lynn~