Chapter 14 | A House?!

Levy

"How did the fight with Yukino go?" Gajeel asked. "We made peace." I answered. "Really?! Where'd she go?!" He asked.

"She left. I dunno, it's weird. We both thought that celestial spirits fighting each other was wrong, so she just left, saying she didn't want to steal our supplies in the first place." Lucy said. "I don't know what that is, but okay.." Gajeel said.

"Your magic is cool, by the way!" I said. "Yeah. Just figured out how to use it." Gajeel said. "Maybe one day you'll be strong enough to fight me!" Natsu said, putting his arm on Gajeel's shoulder, obviously putting some of his weight on him.

Gajeel glared at him. "Are you okay, Natsu...?" Lucy asked. "I'm fine! Hey, Happy! Think you could fly me around?" He asked. "I really don't think so unless we actually NEED TO BE on high ground.." Happy said.

"I'll help you walk..." Lucy sighed. "Thanks, Luce!" He said, smiling. "So, let's get going I guess..." I said. "All we need to do now is find a place to set up camp. Preferably a warm place that is NOT the woods." Lily said. "Yep!" I said, grabbing him up.

"What are you doing?! I have standards!" He said. "What about now?" I asked, scratching behind his ear. He melted into it. I giggled.

"Now that your done doing whatever you're doing to my poor cat, let's move on." Gajeel said. "He's enjoying it!" I said. He burst out laughing.

"That sounded so wrong!" He said. I pouted. "Guys, are you coming or not?!" Lucy asked. They were already outside.

"Oh, yeah." I said. We started walking. "Oh, yeah, you might need this." Gajeel said, holding up the knife. "Why would I need that knife?" I asked.

"While you do have some magic of your own, it's not very reliable." He said. "I could summon a weapon if I wanted." I said. "I guess you're right, but just in case." He persisted.

"Fine, fine. What am I supposed to do with it" I asked. "I'll put it in your pack." He said, doing just that. I shrugged, continuing to pet Lily, who really seemed to be enjoying life at the moment.

"Okay, we need to find maybe a house in the woods..." Natsu said. "I can't believe we're stealing people's homes... What if they're still IN there?!" I asked. He shrugged, continuing to walk now without Lucy's help.

"So, Levy! It's been a while since we've talked!" Lucy said, joining me. "Yeah." I said. "No offense, but I thought you didn't have anybody.." She said. "None taken, and I didn't for a while there." I said. "How did you meet?" She asked. I felt Gajeel's glare on me.

"Under DIFFERENT circumstances..." I said. I felt like I was stepping on nails, one wrong move and they would go through my foot. "Oh, I see, you don't want to tell me." She said. "It's not... It's not that." I said, looking at Gajeel, who was glaring at me.

"It's just a secret." I said. "Okay, whatever you say." Lucy said. Gajeel sighed, as did I. "Guys, I found my house!" Natsu said.

"I didn't think you HAD a house." Lucy said. "Uh.. Huh. Heh." Natsu said nervously. "So THIS is the guy that keeps breaking into your house!!!" I said.

"I will kill you. I thought you were homeless, that's the ONLY reason I accepted you into my apartment." Lucy said, leaving my side, approaching Natsu.

"I was! I couldn't come all the way back here from the Guild!" He argued. They started fighting (not physically, but arguing)

Gajeel huffed. "I know." I said. "Let's just go inside!" I interrupted. "Fine. But this talk is NOT over, Natsu Dragneel." Lucy said. He laughed nervously.

He then opened the door to his house, and we walked in. It was pretty small, I would be surprised if it could house all of us.

"This house has two bedrooms, one bathroom, obviously a living room and kitchen, and a dining room." Natsu said. "Great... Uh... Do you happen to have ANYTHING one of us could sleep on? Maybe a blow up air mattress or some extra blankets?" I asked, assuming I would be the one who had to take the floor.

"Yeah, I have some extra blankets! But we don't need em right now! It's lunch time!" Natsu said. "Yeah, but when the time comes.." I said. "Okay, well- who wants bread and jam?!!!" Natsu asked like it was the best meal to ever exist.

"I want fish..." Happy said. I sighed and sat down on the couch while Lucy made our "meal" and set down Lily.

"At least we are in a house that has heating and air.." I said. "Yep. And power. And BEDS!" Gajeel said. "What's probably going to happen is they're going to get the beds and we're going to get the living room." I whispered, Natsu and Lucy in the kitchen.

"Don't worry, I'll get you a bed." He said. I blushed at that. "FOOD!!!" Natsu said. Gajeel got up and ran. "Jeez. Manners?" I asked. "When it comes to food during the apocalypse-most boys don't have them." Lily said, getting off the couch.

I did the same and we all ate in the dining room. "I wonder if we'll be able to just blow off the apocalypse in here." Lucy asked.

"Don't jinx us!!!" Natsu said. "Right.." She said. Natsu and Gajeel literally shoved food into their faces without a moment's hesitation. But, there wasn't much. When trying to ration, and sharing among 6 beings (the humans + cats) it's not much food.

So, when that was over, we all went back to the living room. "Whoa, Levy." Gajeel said. "What?!" I asked. "Um.. We'll be right back." Gajeel said. He grabbed my arm and pulled me up, taking me to the BATHROOM?!

"What are you doing?!" I demanded. "We've gotta do something about your head." He said. I looked in the mirror. His shirt was soaked and blood was seeping out. I shut my eyes. I hate blood. Suddenly, I felt a hand wipe it off.

"Turn around if you don't want to look at it." He said softly. I did and opened my eyes. "Maybe we should do this in a bedroom so you can sit down." He said. I nodded. We went and sat down on one of the beds, the one that looked like it was in the guest room.

I sat down while he kneeled, messing with my head, which hurt a lot. "Sorry, sorry." He said. "It's okay." I said, wanting to say more but it hurt to speak.

"Hold on, give me a minute." He said and rushed away. I felt so alone all of the sudden. I could feel his presence leave.

I started getting dizzy. I grabbed on to the edge of the bed, wide-eyed, trying to control my breathing because I felt like getting sick.

I laid back, hoping that would stop the room from spinning. When I heard Gajeel coming, I started to raise up.

"No, it's okay, you can stay there." He said quickly. He leaned over me, bandages in hand. "They had bandages?!" I asked. "Yeah. They really stocked up." He said. "Hm." I said.

He lifted my head slightly, telling me to relax and not move a muscle. He was really good at calming people surprisingly.

He lifted my head and put a pillow under it. "Do you want to stay sideways or move?" He asked. "I'll just stay this way." I said. "Do you want to get up or stay in here?" He asked. "I'll stay in here." I said.

"Okay. I'll see ya later." He said. "See ya." I said. He cut off the light and left, closing the door. He is so thoughtful  I thought before falling asleep.

*Author's Note*

Yay! A house! And a bed! Poor Levy, though! At least now she doesn't have to have Gajeel's dirty, sweaty shirt tied around her head.

But anyways, I hope you guys enjoyed that, let me know if you did by either a comment or a vote!

Thanks for reading and I'll see you all in the next chapter!

~Angel Lynn~