Chapter 19 | The New Journey

Levy

I calmed down after I'd bandaged myself, leaning back in the chair. Gajeel was sleeping "peacefully" if you could call his awful snoring that, which helped calm me. If HE could sleep after taking a fatal hit, I could at LEAST calm my nerves.

So, before I knew it, I'd fallen asleep. I woke up with a jolt to the door opening. "What happened?" I asked as Natsu, Lucy, Wendy and Romeo came in.

"We ran into some bad guys, but beat em easy!" Natsu said. Romeo rolled his eyes, obviously bruised. "Are you guys okay? I can heal you." Wendy offered, though she looked purely exhausted.

"We're fine, it's you you need to be focused on." I said. "I can't heal myself..." Wendy said. "Oh.. Well, at least bandages, right?" I asked.

~

So, a few days passed, still cramped and basically full of recovering, but finally we were all healthy! "Let's check the news." Natsu said. "Really?!" Gajeel asked. Natsu cut it on. We were all in the living room.

"-radiation is spreading. In a matter of days, the whole island will be toxic, and anyone left on it will be dead." The reporter man said. Gajeel turned to me, wide-eyed. "What?" I asked. "We gotta get to that car." He said.

"What?!" Natsu asked. We explained. "Ugh, transportation!!!" Natsu said. "He's motion sick..." Lucy explained. Gajeel laughed.

"Seriously, though, we have to get to that car. How?" I asked. "We're going to have to go through the radiation." He said. I cringed. "That won't be fun." I said. "Well, you won't go. I will, and I'll drive to the opposite side of the island, then get you guys." Gajeel said.

"What if something were to happen to you in there?! You can't go alone!" I said. "I'm going alone, Shrimp, and nothing you say will make me change my mind!" Gajeel yelled, and walked out the door.

My heart pounded. Tears threatened. "Excuse me." I said quickly and fast-walked out of the room.

Gajeel

I went towards where Levy and I had come from, back to our "home" town. As I got closer, the radiation got noticeable. I could see the fog and could feel the effects.

"GAJEEL!" A voice yelled. I turned around to see Natsu coming at me fast. He punched me in the fast, then pinned me on the ground.

"You don't talk to your girl like that! Lucy's with her now, YOU MADE HER CRY!!!" Natsu yelled. My eyes widened. I made Shrimp cry?!

"I HAD TO COME OUT HERE SOMEHOW, AND I DIDN'T WANT ANY OF YOU TO GET HURT!!! IF ANY OF US WERE TO DIE, IT'D BE ME!!!" I yelled. "WELL TOO BAD, CAUSE I'M COMING, TOO AND YOU CAN'T STOP ME!" Natsu yelled.

"JUST GO BACK! DON'T YOU HAVE A GIRL TO GO BACK TO?!" I asked. "While that's true, I'll do everything I can to get her out of here, keep her alive and smiling." He said, lowering his tone.

He loosened his grip, letting me get up. "Let's just go." I snapped, walking deeper into it.

Levy

"I-I haven't heard him talk to me like that in forever.. And that- that look he had in his eyes..." I said. "Don't dwell on it." Lucy said calmingly.

"But what if he gets himself killed?!" I asked. "Natsu's going after him, don't worry." She said. "I hope you're right.." I said. "If there's ONE thing I know, it's that Natsu is a hard head and no one can beat him." She said.

I laughed half-heartedly.

Gajeel

I coughed as we walked deeper into the stuff. It was taking its tolls on me. I tried to navigate, but with these ruins, I couldn't tell where anywhere was. I had to find that car. It was life or death.

*Author's Note*

Hey guys! Happy Fathers day! Many of you probably won't be fathers, but still!

Anyways, I hope you guys enjoyed that, a little shorter because I'm tired and I have to get up early *insert crying here*.

Thank you guys for reading this, and I'll see you in the next chapter!

~Angel Lynn~