Chapter 26 | The Confession

Gajeel

I had the strong urge to hug Levy, but resisted it. "Come on, let's go get your house back." I said.

They started rebuilding in Wolf Ridge. Since we defeated the people who owned the hotel, it was kinda ours now. So we stayed there until all of our houses in Wolf Ridge were finished.

They found an counter to the gas in Poison's lab, so they used it against the gas, and got it off of everything.

We got to know the group more. We met two more new people, being Gray and Juvia, who ended up staying in the hotel as well.

I started being accepted with the guys more. I hung with Gray, Natsu and Jellal one day, all of us shooting some hoops outside.

Romeo joined us shortly, and it was really fun and competitive.

Levy got to know the girls better, or at least I think so, she hung out with them a lot. But, finally, it was time to go back to Wolf Ridge. I packed up my small bag of things and went to Levy's door, knocking on it.

"Who's there?" She asked. "You're worst nightmare. Me!" I said. She opened the door, rolling her eyes. I laughed. "Are you ready to go?" She asked. "Yep. What about you?" I asked. "I just got the last of my stuff together!" She said.

"Alright, let's go!" I said. "Wait." She said, making me stop. "What?" I asked. "How are we supposed to get back?" She asked. My face turned pale.

"I didn't think about that..." I said. "I guess I could create a boat again..." She said. "No, Levy. You remember what happened to you last time." I said. She sighed. "Yeah.." She said.

"Maybe we can ask Juvia about it. She IS a water mage." She said. "Yeah, that's a good idea." I said. So, we went and did just that.

"Juvia can make the water push us faster, but Juvia cannot create a boat." She said. "Okay, that's fine, I'll just create the boat. How long do you think it'll take us to get there?" Levy asked. "About 30 minutes to an hour." She said.

"Okay, that's good." Levy said. So we did just that. Levy had seemingly gotten stronger since our ride before, and held it together for the whole hour of the ride.

Just in case, I let my hands hover at her waist in case she were to fall. "We made it." I said. "Really?! That's a relief, that wasn't even that big of a deal!" She said.

I dropped my hands as the boat slowly faded.

~

They had the city built back up pretty nice, better and prettier than before. They made it into a happy place. "Hey-how about you guys join Fairy Tail?" Lucy asked. "I would love that! We're in" Levy answered. "I don't get feedback, huh?" I said.

"Come OOONN, you'll love it!" Levy said. I huffed. "Fine." I said. "Oh, look, there's my house!" She said, pointing forward.

Now, the mayor was thankful of us for finding the person who caused such damage, and paid for Levy's house that was destroyed when it was rebuilt, along with everyone else's in our team who was in the blast zone.

Oh yeah, I'm homeless. I forgot about that. I walked Levy to her house and stopped at the door as she walked in. "Aren't you coming in?" She asked. "It's not my house." I said.

"I think he's proved himself worthy to stay here." Lily said. "WHAT'S THAT SUPOSSED TO MEAN?!" I asked. "Yes, you can stay." Levy said.

"Yesss!" I celebrated, walking in.

"They replaced, like, half of my stuff!!!" Levy said. I smiled, she was so happy. "Accept it's even cleaner than before! But my clothes aren't here..." She said.

"Well, we'll just have to go shopping. I don't have any clothes, either." I said. "Wait... Do I still work at the bookstore?" She asked.

"I dunno, let's go down there and see." I said. They said yes, but if she wanted to quit it was fine. "Let me think about it. Do I have a shift tonight?" She asked. "Yes, you do." Her boss said. "Alright, well, I'll tell you before the shift. Thanks for understanding!" She said.

"You're welcome, you helped save Wolf Ridge, so anything for you!" He said. "Thank you, I might see you soon!" She said. We left.

"Gajeel?" She asked. "Yeah?" I asked. "Do you really want to join Fairy Tail?" She asked. "Of course, I mean, it's a way to use my magic." I said.

"Ya know, you can get money from there, right?" She asked. "You can?!" I asked. "Yeah. You take jobs from people and get money." She said.

"Let's go there right now!" I said. "So you support my decision of quitting the bookstore?" She asked. "Of course! Wouldn't want a robber to come in on your shift, now would we?" I asked.

She pouted, getting what I was picking at. I laughed. "Whatever, let's just go!" She said.

We went to the Fairy Tail Guild, joining. We got an emblem stamped on us. Mine was black and on my shoulder, Levy's was green and on her back (I don't even know).

After that, we left and headed back to her house. "How about we take a job tomorrow?" She asked. "Sounds like fun." I said.

~

So, she quit her job, and we started taking jobs in the guild. Sometimes with pantherlily, more often NOT with pantherlily.

We started getting up some money. I got to decorate my room how I wanted it (man cave style!) and Levy got to buy new clothes.

So, one day, we were chilling outside of her house. I felt more awkward than usual. Today I wanted to confess my feelings. It was going to be hard.

On the bright side of things, Natsu got with Lucy, and Gray got with Juvia so there was hope. "So, what do you want to do with the future now?" I asked. "Probably just stick with the Guild. Stick with my friends. What about you? You ever gonna move out?" She teased.

"I want to spend my future with you." I said, putting my arm around her, not making eye contact, watching the beautiful sunset. I could feel how shocked she was.

I smirked, looking at her face that was tomato red. "Do you agree with that? Or do I need to go back to a life of crime?" I asked. "N-no. No. Definitely. So, um... What are you saying?" She asked.

Have to make me give a straight answer, huh?

"I'm saying that I love you, and want to spend the rest of my life with you." I said. She smiled. "That works out good." She said. "Oh?" I asked. "Because I love you too." She said. And with that, we kissed. It was the perfect scene, and it felt amazing that she didn't turn me down.

So, we would start a life together. I wondered how I would propose?

*Author's Note*

Gajeel, whoa! That escalated quickly!! But I hope you guys enjoyed, the end is very near now. This is the shortest amount of time I've EVER written a book in!

Thank you guys for reading and I'll see you in the next chapter! Pece

~Angel Lynn~