Chapter 20 | A Visitor?

Gajeel

I pulled my shirt up over my nose and mouth so I could breathe less toxic gasses. "Where's the sub-car thing?" Natsu asked. "Somewhere around here. But I can't tell where anything is because of all this rubble." I said.

We continued on. My stomach was doing so many rolls, feeling awful. Finally, I saw the water. "It should be over there!" I took off, jogging as fast as I could.

When I got there, I held my breath, and dived in. The water burned. The radiation had gotten to it. I shoved my hair into my jacket so it wouldn't get hurt (I had to keep my luscious obviously conditioned hair!) and started swimming.

But, I couldn't find it. It was nowhere. I had to swim up and catch my breath, but the sub was gone. They must've recovered it. Crap.

"What do we do now?" Natsu asked. "We have to improvise. We'll have to try to build a boat." I said. "Build a boat?!!" Natsu asked. "Like, a rowboat. I say we go back to the others, stop breathing this radiation for a while, then come back and get wood and start building." I said.

"Sounds good to me." Natsu said. We started swimming back to the land. Once we got there, we jogged as fast as our exhausted bodies would let us.

Suddenly, I stopped dead in my tracks, looking at something surprising. A woman. She was standing there, looking at me as if awaiting my arrival.

"Gajeel Redfox..." She said. "Who are you?" I asked. "You don't remember me?" She asked. I shook my head hesitantly. "Gajeel, it's me." She said. My eyes widened. Memories came back. That was the person who'd taken me in, after Metalicana went missing. Then, I'd run away with Poison.

"Why are you here? In the radiation?" I asked. "It doesn't affect me. But, Gajeel. Poison means bad. Think of the things he's done to you." She said. "I'm done with him. I'm not his friend anymore." I said.

"Well, he's not done with you." She said.

"GAJEEL!" Someone slapped me in the face. I stood, confused. It was Natsu, right in front of me. "WHAT WAS THAT FOR?!" I asked, peeking around him, trying to find the woman. I couldn't remember her name, but I knew who she was.

She was gone. "Come on." Natsu snapped. I followed him, trying to get my bearings.

~

We finally got back to the house, now exhausted and sick from breathin' in so much of that junk. We explained what happened, how the car was missing.

"So we're going to build a boat...?" Lucy asked. We nodded. "We gotta go back out there and get the wood." I said.

"Not now. You're both LITERALLY green." She said. "Yeah, what took you guys so long, anyway?" Levy asked. Natsu gave me the "What should I say?" look. I thought carefully for a minute. "We just looked around carefully." I said, which was the truth, we DID look around carefully.

Levy gave me a cautious look and I started to regret my choice of lying. "Okay..." She said. "But if something happened out there, you can tell me." She added.

"I'm tellin' em." Natsu said. "WHAT?!" I asked. "He stopped and just stared for like ten minutes." He said. "It was more like two, and did you not hear our conversation?" I asked. "Me and you were the only ones out there!!!" He said. "Not in my eyes." I said.

They looked at us confusedly. "I had hallucinations." I offered. "Um... How about you go lay down? Get some of this radiation out of you?" Levy offered. "I'm not breathing it anymore, I'm fine." I said.

"I'll heal you." Wendy offered. "There's nothing to be healed." I said. "Well, what was your hallucination about?" Levy asked. "My 'mom'. She was telling me that my buddy Poison 'wasn't done with me?' . Whatever that means." I said.

"Wait-didn't you say he was a scientist?" Levy asked. "Yeah. A mad scientist, but yeah." I said. "He was an inventor, too, right?" She asked. "Yeah..." I said. Things started clicking.

"What if HE created the nuclear bomb?"

*Author's Note*

Ha! Cliffhanger! Not really, but still. I bet half of you already had that figured out. It only makes sense.

Anyways, I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter, if you did, let me know either by the vote button or in the comments below!

Thanks for reading, and I'll see you all in the next chapter!

~Angel Lynn~