Q - Quintessential Quinn

Vic's pov

'Hey Kell.' I said and sat across from the cute raven haired boy at the table he was sitting at. It was Friday lunchtime and I decided to give it another go with Kellin and ask him out. Again. I'd been on at him for months to let me take him out but he kept refusing. He'd get all twitchy and annoyed and a cute little blush would appear on his face.

'Hey Vic.' Kellin said quietly. He was so cute when he was shy. We had classes together and hung out sometimes together with our shared group of friends but the only person who could get Kellin to open up to them was Jesse. They'd been best friends since first grade so it didn't come as a surprise that Kellin felt comfortable around him.

'So you, me, little cafe Saturday afternoon?' I asked, trying my luck.

'Yes.' Kellin almost whispered.

'What?' I asked in disbelief.

'I said yes Vic. I'll go on a date with you.' Kellin smiled and that adorable little blush crept up his face.

'Really? What changed your mind?' I asked curiously.

'Remember when you said you were gonna ask me out some day and you made me promise that I would say yes?' Kellin said.

'This is great. I didn't think you'd actually say yes.' I smiled happily.

'I always keep my promises Vic. And who knows, a date with you could be fun.' Kellin giggled softly.

'Oh I assure you it definitely will be fun.' I smiled and winked at Kellin, making him blush again.

                        *************
Saturday

Vic's pov

'Hey Kells, you're looking pretty today.' I smiled as Kellin stepped out of his house.

'Vic I'm a boy. I'm not supposed to be pretty.' Kellin blushed.

'Boys can be pretty. And you Kellin are the cutest.' I smiled and bopped Kellin on the nose.

'Well thank you. You're looking good yourself.' Kellin giggled then blushed again.

'You're shyness is adorable. C'mon let's go.' I chuckled and led him to my car. I drove us to the small little cafe in the middle of town that I loved to go to. It had a homey feeling to it with books scattered here and there and big pillows and throws on the armchairs used as seats at the tables.

'I thought you might like this place. We can relax and have some privacy.' I said and smiled at Kellin as his eyes lit up.

'Vic I love it! It's so fricken cute.' Kellin exclaimed happily.

'I'm glad you like it.' I chuckled and sat down at a table. Kellin plopped down into the chair facing me then blushed and looked down at his lap.

'Is someone getting shy on me Kells?' I asked in a sing song voice.

'Nuh uh.' Kellin said and shook his head.

'What can I get you boys?' A waitress asked, saving Kellin from his embarrassment.

'Coffee please.' I said to the waitress and she wrote my order down then looked to Kellin.

'Um hot chocolate please.' Kellin said shyly.

'You want whip cream white that?' The waitress asked and Kellin nodded.

'Sure.' Kellin agreed and the waitress went of to make our drinks.

'So I finally get the one and only Kellin Quinn to myself for a while.' I smiled happily at Kellin.

'I don't get why you wanted to go on a date with me though. I'm nothing special.' Kellin blushed and ducked his head.

'Kellin I love everything about you. You're sweet, kind, funny and you're beautiful too. You're more than special. I'd say you're quintessential.' I said and put my hand over Kellin's on the table. The waitress brought our drinks over then left us and I squeezed Kellin's hand gently.

'You really think all that about me?' Kellin smiled and I nodded.

'Kellin you're the most beautiful boy I've ever seen. I've always had a crush on you.' I said and gave the blushing boy a little wink.

'I never knew.' Kellin gasped with a little smile.

'Well now you do cutie.' I chuckled.

'Oh god stop, you're making my face light up like a Christmas tree.' Kellin laughed and covered his face with his hands.

'Hey wanna take a walk through the park. Get some fresh air to your pretty, little, red face?' I asked as the idea popped into my head.

'Yeah sounds good.' Kellin smiled and sipped the rest of his hot chocolate.

                          ****************

'So, you take all he boys here?' Kellin asked as we walked by the lake in the park.

'Nah just you.' I smirked and took his hand in mine. I laced our fingers together quickly and squeezed tight so he wouldn't let go.

'You don't have to squeeze Vic. I'm not gonna let go. I wanna hold your hand.' Kellin laughed. I smiled and kept walking as we held hands. Kellin was finally opening up to me and I was loving every second of it.

'So.....' I trailed off with a smirk as we came to a huge oak tree. The leaves hung really low so you could almost hide under the tree.

'So?' Kellin questioned as I led him under the leaves and gently pushed him against the tree trunk.

'So this is the part where I kiss you.' I smiled and took a step closer to him. I caressed his face gently and looked into his big puppy eyes.

'Oh.' Kellin said quietly.

'Can I kiss you Kells?' I asked hopefully.

'Uh huh.' Kellin said with a small smile and I didn't waste any time in pressing my lips against his.

Our first kiss was quite quintessential if I do say so myself.

-------------------------------------------------------
Posted on Saturday December 17th
Tomorrow's fic will be called Ravish Me Sir
Thank you for reading