U - Under The Mistletoe

Kellin's pov

I sat on the steps to the garden porch at Oli's house. He was having a 'Christmas Eve Eve' party, as he liked to call it. Everyone else was inside drinking and dancing and probably making out. And here I was alone outside and drowning my sorrows in a bottle of some red fruity stuff. I love Christmas time but I get sad that it's going to be another year without being kissed. I know having your first kiss will happen when it happens but I can't help wishing I'd had mine already. I just wanted someone to love and kiss and snuggle with.

'Hey Kells! Why are you out here alone?' My best friend Vic said as he stumbled out of the door and plonked himself down on the steps next to me.

'Could you get any closer weirdo?' I giggled as Vic sat by me. Our legs were touching side by side and Vic was leaning on me slightly.

'M drunk. Need my Kellybear to lean on.' Vic slurred making me giggle again.

'Oh my god Victor, I told you to stop calling me that.' I blushed. Vic had come up with that name when we were both three or something. We'd grown up together because our parents were literally next door neighbours. Our moms even had photos of Vic and I and his brother Mike all sitting together in the bath. We'd been having fun playing in the snow and ended up freezing so the moms decided to stick us in the tub together. They still liked to whip out the photo albums every chance they got just to embarrass us.

'Never. You'll always be my little Kellybear Kells.' Vic smirked and chuckled at me when I scowled at him.

'You're cute.' Vic said and pinched my cheek playfully. I laughed and shook my head before taking another swig of whatever the hell I was drinking.

'Hey you didn't answer my question.' Vic said and I sighed.

'What question?' I tried to play dumb.

'I asked you why you were out here.' Vic replied.

'Oh um I just wanted some fresh air.' I said quietly.

'Kellin spill. I know something's bothering you.' Vic said knowingly. Dammit he could read me like a book.

'It's just this will be the end of another year and I still haven't been kissed.' I said and put my head down, looking into my drink.

'Hey it's okay Kells. You're beautiful. You'll get your first kiss soon.' Vic said and he wrapped his arm around my shoulders and pulled me into him. I rested my head on his shoulder and sighed.

'I doubt it.' I said sadly. I knew I wasn't ugly but I was so shy and had no self confidence so I couldn't ever see myself finding someone.

'Hey Kells?' Vic asked and squeezed my shoulder.

'Yeah?' I asked and looked at my shoes.

'I'll kiss you. I mean if you want to.' Vic said and I turned my face up to look at him.

'Really?' I asked, shocked. My best friend just offered to kiss me and I loved the sound of it.

'Yeah. I mean you're my best friend and you're kinda cute too so I kinda wanna see what it's like to kiss you. If we think it's gross we'll just pretend it never happened.' Vic said and smiled down at me.

'That sounds good.' I whispered and snuggled into Vic's chest.

'Let's wait until we're sober though. I want your first kiss to be special Kells.' Vic said and it made me tear up.

'Hfmmf....' I sniffled and Vic squeezed me tighter.

'Kellin are you crying?' Vic asked.

'Uh huh. You're such a good friend Vic.' I sobbed happily.