• One •

To begin with, my life isn't quite as easy as it might seem in the first place.
People in school describe me as an average teenaged girl, with the stereotypical teenager problems. But believe me guys, my life is far from that.

My name is Emily. Emily Hemmings to be correct, but in school I'm just known as Emily White, because people shall not find out about my "secret life". Yes, you heard me right.

Before me and my family moved to Germany, where we have been living now for 3 years, we have lived at several other places in the world. I was born in 1997 in Sydney Australia, we stayed there until I was six and moved to Los Angeles, California. From California we moved to London and from there we moved to Germany. So you can tell I already came around a lot. It wasn't always easy for me, but my brother Luke always made sure I was happy. And yes, my brother is the one and only Luke Hemmings himself.

Anyways, let's get back to the thing with the secret life. So what people in my school don't know, is that I, Emily White as they do know me, am actually Luke's sister Emily Hemmings, which is pretty much one of the most famous people in the business of singing and so on at the moment.

And this guys, is what makes the difference between me and the people at school. While they can go out on friday nights and party all night long until the early a.m.'s of Saturday, I am trapped in studios, interviews and concerts. Let me tell you, it's not easy to run a career parallel with your senior year in high school, so I can completely understand my brother for dropping out of school when he started his career with 5 Seconds of Summer. Sometimes I wish I could just be like everyone else, do stupid sleepovers with my girls over the weekend or go to parties, but this isn't the life I chose. My life is different and requires compromises.

When my parents figured that I was good at singing, which was around the time we lived in California, they and also my brother made me sing for a label, which signed me in for a pretty big record deal. It only took them about two months until I had a name in the business and was pretty much on top of the charts with every song that I released. Not much has changed since then, besides me no longer getting home schooled. For three years now I have been going to a public school in germany and still no one knows, they're being teached with a so called "celebrity". But what makes things pretty hard is, that my closest friend in school, are completely obsessed over Luke, Ash, Cal and Michael, but also over Emily Hemmings. And believe me when I say, that it's not easy to get through a school week, with your friends constantly talking about you, your brother and his friends, and you not being able to share their excitement at all.

I mean, me and Luke have always been very close and the fact that he is only about 10 months older than me, makes it even easier for us to get along. We have like the same group of friends, because we are about the same age and so I can proudly say, that I feel about his band mates as if they're also my brothers. Well Ashton not always, still that's another story. But us being this close comes with problems. We were used to seing each other everyday when we were little, but now that we are both running successful careers, we barely see each other, because at least one of us always has a concert going on, when a family meeting was supposed to happen.

So but now enough about my past and let's talk about the present situation. Currently it's thursday morning and I'm sitting in my history class. My teacher is boring the hell out of our class,but my mind is somewhere else like always. We're having like group tables in this class and I'm sitting on it with my best friends. And the topic number one today, who or what else could it be as my brother's birthday, which is tomorrow. Right.

"I can't believe he is already turning 20 tomorrow! I mean by now he looks already older than that, but can you imagine that he was still 18, when we were at the concert in may last year?" Hannah whispered in the round of us. We were 5 people at the table, Hannah, Amy, Chelsea, Hailey and me.