Thirty Two

Soon it was Wednesday. Tonight would be our schools concert. Right now we were having our last rehearsal. I am checking on my guitar as Chelsea walks up to my nervously. "Emily?" she asks me barely audible. "Are you okay Chelsea?" I want to know. "To be honest, I don't feel good." she admits to me. "What do you mean you don't feel good?" I bore as I stand up and look at her properly. "I don't think I can do this. There are hundreds of people looking at me on stage. I just can't go out there and sing." she's fiddling with the ends of her dress shyly. So she is telling me, after all the time where she told me, she wants to sing her solo, she's now too scared to go on stage?
"Chelsea, I've done that in front of millions. You can easily do that in front of one hundred. I promise you it will be over faster than you think." I am trying to change her mind. She nods her head slowly, signaling me she will try it. Smiling I hug her and put my attention back to my guitar. Quickly I tune it. The rehearsals ended as soon as they began. We were now all standing in a circle. The show is about to start. We grab each others hands and our teacher tells us good luck and to have a lot of fun.
I walk on stage with John and bowed before the crowd. I smile as I see that Luke and the boys are sitting in the crowd. Luke mouths me a quick 'Good luck' , before John and me take our instruments. We start to play the first song, it is an instrumental of him and me. As we finished the first group walked on stage.
Really quick it was the girls' turn to perform. I started to play the melody of 'Don't let me down'. Luke smirked at me and I gave him a shrug in response. The girls started singing.
Everything went fine, until Chelsea was supposed to sing her solo. She was suddenly as white as a ghost and just stands there with an open mouth. The girls looked at me in shock. Not knowing what else to do, I started to sing her part. In the middle of it, she looked at me and mouthed a sorry. I didn't respond to her directly. We finished the song, which was gladly the last one of the evening. All my classmates cme onto the stage again and we bowed one last time as the crowd applauded.
We walked backstage and Chelsea broke into tears. "Hey Chels it's fine. It happens every now and then'" I assured her, but she shook her head. I totally embarrassed myself and the worst part is, you had to sing even though you didn't want to." she cried. I pulled her into a hug. "Chelsea I'm serious. No one blames you for having stage fright. I also forget my texts on stage. No one does always everything right." I calm her down and it actually helps. "Thank you though Emily." she said before she left me. I pack my guitar and grab the rest of my stuff before walking to the parking lot behind the school. Luke's car was surrounded by four boys. "There Miss 'I won't sing at school ever.'" Luke mocked me, before he took my guitar from me and  putting it in the back of his rover. "Well what else shall I do? If Chelsea has stage fright and forgets her text? Just do nothing so it's even more embarassing for her? She was crying massivly just a few minutes ago." I sassed at my brother. He put his hands up in defense. "I think you were great. " Ashton smiled and gave me a thumbs up. "Thank you." I smiled back at him. Michael put a hand on my shoulder. "Junior, whatever happened tonight, the concert was good and it was cool to see how the groups each improved since we visited." he noted and I agreed with him instantly.
"They all want me to tell you a big thank you for giving tips and helping them. They improved a lot after that." I shared with the 4 young men.
"And now?" Calum asked in the round. "We could just do a good old Jam Session in the Lounge and order Pizza?" Michael suggested. We all agreed to do so. It had been a really long time since we last did an actual jam session all together. To be honest, I think the last proper one was before the boys got famous.
So we all squeezed into the car and drove home. Michael was playing some kind of Candy Crush on my phone as his died during the school concert.
Soonish we were at home and the boys rushed upstairs into the music lounge. I decided to take a shower first, so I went showering. As I entered the music lounge, the boys were already singing along to Luke playing the guitar. Placing myself on the couch, I listened to the boys voices.

They all had these sparkles in their eyes, just like the first time they had sung in front of a crowd with the One Direction boys. I was more than happy for the chance they got. They inspire others nationwide to do what they want. Smiling to myself I didn't notice them finishing and looking at me strangely. "Are you okay?" Calum asked me, poking my side. Nodding my head I sat up straight. "I just noticed the spark in your eyes." I answered Calum's question. The young men again seemed to be cofused. "EEhrrm?" Luke kind of questioned. "When you sang together a few seconds ago, you eyes held the same spark like on your first time performing in front of a crowd. And I'm so proud of you guys for making your own thing. It's amazing for me to look back at the journey you made and to see the progress. You make so many people happy all around the globe." I explained it to them properly. The mood was suddenly a mixture between serious and emotional. The boys were wearing light smiles as they all thought about where they are now in contrast to a few years ago.

"Real bands save fans, real ans save bands." Michael suddenly replied to my explanation. They boys hummed in agreement. "And you've been part of the whole journey. And a very important one as well." Luke said before he nudged me with his elbow. "You're definitely going on tour with us, do you hear me? And no one, not even he will change that." Luke told me. I knew exactly to whom he was refering to. "Who are you talking about?" Calum asked aloud. "Probably Jesus." Michael joked and we all let out a laugh. "Exactly." Luke told the others as he winked at me. 

"Alright, enough nostalgy. What song o you want to sing Emily?" Ashton asked me and I put my hand on my chin in thought. "Well, the one song I always think about when I'm with you boys is 'If It Means A Lot To You' by A Day To Remember. I still remember you guys sitting in the living room recording it for Youtube." "Then this is it." Michael clapped in his hands, grabbed a guitar and started playing.

We all sang along, harmonizing every now and then. "We should record an album together someday." Calum told us about an idea he had. "Hey, that's a good idea." Michael directly agrees with his mate. "I'm in." Luke and Ashton say in unison. "Boys? I guess we're recording an album together." I gave them my okay as well. For the next hour we talked about ideas for songs and how both our fanbases would probably react. Simply the idea of touring with the boys and making music together made me feel so happy. I frowned when I thought about Harry. He would probably completely disagree with the idea. Quickly I pushed the thought in the back of my mind.

"Ugh, boys I guess I will go to bed now, tomorrows gonna be a long day." I stood up and took one last look at them. "Night sis." Luke yelled from the other side of the room. I waved my goodbye and walked out of the room and down the hallway into my room. The door fell close behind me and I let out a sigh. My mind was racing and thoughts of the prom taking place tomorrow came back. It was somehow strange that I had no date for a senior year prom. Almost ridiculous, not to mention embarassing. Yet I couldn't help it. I missed asking someone to be my date for the night, on the other hand, none of the boys asked me. I could have easily gone with one of the boys, but I wanted them to accompany the girls. They've been the somehow greatest fans and supporter all the time. They just deserved something like this. And I mean, who can claim about themselves they had 5 Seconds of Summer as their dates.

My brain was telling me I should have asked John to accompany me, but Megan was faster - and I forgot. Oh well. I made myself ready for bed and lay down under the sheets. Harry hadn't been talking to me, since my last concert. He didn't pick up when I tried calling and he also doesn't text me back. I just hope he is okay.

A soft knock disturbed my thoughts. "Come on in." I said softly. I expected it to be Luke, but I was surprised when Ashton's head popped in. "Are you sure it's fine? I don't want to bother you." He asked me politely. I sat up and leaned with my back against the wall. "It's fine Ash, just come in." I said as I patted on the free spot next to me. He sat down next to me and folded his hands in his lap. We both didn't say anything for a few minutes. "You really want to go to prom alone? While we come with your friends?" Ashton speaks up. "I don't really want  to go alone, it's just I forgot to actually ask someone." I admitted, somehow embarrassed. "And why do you want us to go with the girls? Why didn't you ask one of us?" He wondered. I sighed. I now turned to look at him. "I just want the girls to have the night of their lives. You boys mean the world to them, you don't know how many times you helped them out. And they had to put up with so much shit and lies because of me, I just wanted to give them something. To do something good for them. I know you probably don't underst..." "I do understand. And I think it's a great move of you." He replied calmly, now smiling at me. "Anyways, don't let anyone bring you down tomorrow, it's your great day." He commented before he stood up and started to walk out of my room again. "Hey Ash." I yelled after him. He turned around in the doorframe. "Thaank you." I smiled. He nodded at me grinning and left.

---------

Hey guys, would anyone be interested in a book with short stories? You can of course request stories!❤

If you are interested comment with “Everything I didn't say“ under this chapter 🔥

Love princesslxn