· Thirty One ·

Luke had his arm snug around me when we walked into the living room. He let go of me smiling. Michael came running towards me. He picked me up and swung me around. "Congratulations Junior. Another successfull tour ended." he said as he hugged me one last time before he put me down. I chuckled lightly at his outburst. "Thanks Mike" I laughed. Next one to come up to me was Calum. He was smiling as he engulfed me in a tight hug. "You did a great job kiddo." he whispered into my ear before he let go of me again.
Ashton looked at me hesitating. The boys walked over to the couch and sat down. Ash just stared at me. I walked up to him and hugged him. "Congratulations Em." he said coldly, not hugging me back. I pulled away from him awkwardly, fake smiled at him and sat down next to Michael.

The small couch was just big enough for the two of us to fit. "So Junior, how was the last concert?" Michael asked me. "Actually pretty good. It was good to finally give a concert as - you know like - the real me." I tried to answer him. He seemed to be satisfied with the answer. "So what's next?" Luke asked. "Well okay on Wednesday there is the school concert, on Thursday is senior year prom and on friday it's graduation day." I replied excited. "You happy?" Cal laughed. "Yes, I'm literally pumped. Like hello? Last week of school, then I am free!" my eyes sparkling. Ashton looked at me emotionless. What was up with him?

"Prom Date?" Luke wanted to know. "No, guess I'm going alone." I admitted sadly. They seemed a little bit surprised by me wanting to attend it alone."Can you boys do me a favour though?" "What can we do for you?" Calum asked, leaning forward. "Would you boys be the prom dates of the girls?" I asked shyly. They all looked a bit weird, including Ashton. "Why?" Michael was the first one to speak up. "I don't know. It's just that they love you boys to death - i love you more though - and I thought this would be a cool thing to end school?" I explained my idea. "You don't have to, it was just an idea." I added quickly. "We'll do it." Ashton suddenly spoke for everyone. Our faces marked with surprise, we looked at Ashton. "What?" he wanted to know, as if nothing had happened. "Nothing." Luke started. "You heard him EMily, we'll do it." he went on.

"Alright then. I'll tell the girls tomorrow. By the way, I'll go to bed, I have to get up in 4 hours in contrast to you boys." I told the boys good night and went upstairs into my room. 

The next day I was more tired than ever. Lazily and like a ghost I walked through the hallways of my high school. The girls including Chelsea were standing around my locker. "There she is. Wow you look tired." Amy nudged my arm. "The boys came home late last night and well..Luke wanted me to spent time with them." "How tragic." Hannah laughed and I smiled. "By the way, I have some news for you all. Anyone got a prom date yet?" I asked, clapping in my hands. 

Sadly their eyes met the floor and they all shook their heads. "Then good news, the boys will be your promdates." I smiled proudly. Four head shot up in disbelief. "Wait what?" Chelsea asked. "Yesterday I talked with the boys and they will be your dates for prom. Everyone of you gets to 'date' their favourite." Explaining it to them, their smiled grew wider and wider. "Emily oh my, you're the best." Hailey suddenly screamed and hugged me. The others followed her action and hugged me really tight. "No problem girls." Happily I hugged them back. After all they had to go through..and didn't have to go through, they deserved something like this.

"Emily stop, who will be your prom date?" Amy wondered. There was the question again. To be honest, I hadn't been asking someone. Neither had someone asked me. "I will go alone." I smiled at them, acting like I wasn't feeling sad about it. "But you can't go alone. It's senior prom." Chelsea argued, but I denied. "Chels seriously. I am fine, as long as you girls are happy, I am fine." I answered her.