• Nine •

We arrived at our house in London. Grinning like an idiot I ran upstairs and down the hallway to my room. I opened the door and smiled proudly. I loved being here in London. It was my favourite place to live by now, because you could always experience some adventures here. Wether you are just a few metres from the front door or in a completely different district, there was always fun guaranteed.

I stood infront of my closet, that still had some of my clothes in it, when I heard a soft knock on the doorframe. "Yes?" I asked, not bothering to turn and take a look. "Em, is it alright for you if you share your room tonight with one or maybe two friends of mine?" a male voice, which I recognized as Luke's asked me. "Your or our friends?" I asked and smiled, while I now turned to look at him. Luke smiled, showing off his teeth. "Our, well probably even more your friends." he said. "Two males." he continued and winked. Looking at him in thought I dared to ask who I was sharing my room with, but he didn't want to give me an answer to that. "You'll see later." he smirked and turned on his heels, then walking down the hallway. Leaving me in my room to myself I continued to unpack my suitcase. I would be staying until sunday evening anyways, so why not put my clothes in the closet?

Right when I finished I got a message in a group chat of me and the girls.

Emily can you believe the boys followed all of us on twitter?

I read it and smiled to myself. "Hey Em, can you...?" I heard someone behind me and when I turned around it was Michael. "You followed all of the girls on twitter?" Smirking I showed him the display of my phone and he rolled his eyes. "Always these fangirls. No I'm joking, yeah we did." he said and smiled at me. "Anyways, we need your help in the garden. You're a girl and are better with all that decoration shit." he said, gesturing wildly with his hands. "Yeah, I'm coming." I nodded and walked downstairs behind him. We walked through the living room and onto the terrasse.

My eyes scanned the already put up decoration and to my wondering, it was really good and I couldn't understand why Michael asked me to come down and help. "Do you think it's alright like this?" Calum yelled from somwhere under a tree. He and Ashton hung up some fairy lights around some trees and even over Luke's and my treehouse. "Alright? Boys this is actually awesome." I said and looked around once more. "Em? Can you help me bring the food inside?" I heard Luke yell behind me. "Coming." I yelled back and walked back through the living room to the front door. He was unpacking his black range rover. He gave me some grocery bags and told me to bring them into the kitchen. After repeating the process about three times, everything was inside. "You can go and make a playlist on the IPad, sent the boys in the kitchen, we're gonna prepare the food." Luke explained and I agreed.

"Boys come and help Luke in the kitchen, now!" I yelled out of the door that led to the terasse and went over to the IPad that was laying on the table next to the stereo system. "Do you have any wishes for what should definitely be on the playlist Luke?" My voice echoed through the huge room. Luke walked in the doorframe of the kitchen with some potatoes in his hands. " Fall Out Boy, Paramore, All Time Low, Sleeping with Sirens and bands like that." he commented and walked back inside.

After going through numerous sites of bands on spotify and deciding which songs would actually make a perfect playlist I was done. It took me about an hour, but now we had a playlist that would last for 12 hours at least. The boys had already brought all the food outside on the buffet tables.

"You done yet?" Luke asked me as he plopped down next to me and looked at the Ipad screen. "Yes, just finished, wanna see?" I replied and handed him the tablet. He scrolled through the list and smiled. "Great work, thanks sis." He said and gave me a kiss on the head as he stood up, the tablet still in his hands. He connected it via AUX chord and pushed play. All Time Low started to blast through the speakers.

Just as the other three boys came inside, the doorbell rang, signaling the first guests were already arriving. Soon our huge graden was filled with loads of people. I only knew half of them to be honest. After I walked around for about half an hour, not really knowing what to do, I spotted Luke sitting on a couch with Michael and some girls. I walked up from behind the couch and bend down, so my mouth was near his ear.

"Luke, now tell me, who of them am I sharing a room with tonight?" I asked him, eyeing the crowd in front of me. He turned so he could whisper in my ear. "They aren't here yet, but you'll know as soon as they walk up to you my love." He said, his breath already full of alcohol, yet he didn't seem to be tipsy or drunk. "Don't get too drunk!" I told him and kissed the top of his head as I left again. Not knowing what to do again, I decided to climb up to the tree house and just spent the rest of the party there.

Making my way to the crowd, I was more than happy when I was finally at the ladder that led up to the actually quite big tree house. I quickly climbed up and sat down at the edge of the platform. My feet were hanging off the platform and I leaned myself back against the wall. My eyes went over the crowd and I smiled as I spotted Calum trying to flirt with some girl I had seen once or twice. She was an actor I believe and I think she played in one of the numerous music videos the boys already made. By her face I could tell that she was completely head over heels for Cal, so he didn't even need to try that much, yet it was quite a scene to see. By now Michael was also outside, he was currently at the buffet, filling a huge plate.

"Can I sit down?" Suddenly a voice appeared behind me so I nearly fell down. "Geez!" I said out loud and turned to look at who just scared the hell out of me. Ashton stood infront of me, his face holding the same painful expression as it already did the whole day. "Of course you can." I smiled at him and motioned for him to sit down. He placed himself next to me and we both watched the crowd, until an awkward tension came up.

"Ashton I.." I started and he sighed. "You don't have to say anything Em." he retorted. "But I want to okay? I know that you're not feeling well and I know that it hurts." I tried to explain my point. "And I don't like seeing you in pain, because I care about my friends, often maybe more than I should, but, I just want you to know I am sorry, sorry that I can not fulfill your desire. I wish I could do something, but I know I can't." I explained and he smiled lightly. "And this is why I fell in love with you. Even in the darkest moments of someone, you somehow manage to help them and feel sympathy." Ashton said and made me smile. "I have always liked that feature of you. But don't worry about me, I'll be fine Emily. I knew we would never date." He said sadly but serious and the calmness in his voice gave me chills.

We looked at each other smiling at first, but soon we both looked over the crowd again. "If I love you or not, you'll alway be my best friend." Ashton suddenly said. My eyes wandered over to him. My arms wrapped around him and I hugged him really tight, before letting go again.

"Hey! Leave my sister alone Irwin!" I suddenly heard a pretty drunk Luke yell from under us. "Shut up Luke, he didn't do anything." I yelled at Luke who just scoffed and stumped away. "Sometimes he's so ugh." I commented on his behaviour. "Brother's. And especially drunk he is the gentlemen himself." I went on and Ash laughed. "Em, at least he watches you even when he's drunk. " Ash replied to my comments and I nodded. "You're probably right." I smiled.

"Hey look!" Ash suddenly yelled, pointing at someone in the crowd. "What?" I asked looking in the direction, his finger was pointing. "Niall and Harry." Ash smiled excited and I gasped. "NO WAY OMG!" I yelled as I spotted them. " MINE!" I yelled and climbed down as fast as I could. "Watch out Emily!" Ash yelled after me laughing. Suddenly everything Luke said earlier made sense now. You will know when you see them. Of course it had to be Harry and Niall I'd be sharing a room with.

They were both facing me with their backs as I walked up behind them and slung my arm around Niall tightly. "What the..?" I heard him start. "Emily!" Harry suddenly said smiling and I let go of Niall to hug Harry, who gladly accepted it. "You scared me." Niall said as it was his turn for the hug. "Guys I freaked out in excitement like a child when I spotted you." I smiled and they laughed.

"Well I am more than happy to finally see you again. It's been a while." Harry said winking at me.