9

"I'm going to hell kill him!"

Two policemen were forced to hold Harry back. They were almost pushing him against the wall. Both Anne and Maura knew why he reacted that way and Sam had his thoughts.

"Niall is on the way to the hospital." he said firmly. "Isn't it better that we go there and see how he is?"

Harry growled.

"I'll kill Ed first. I'll chop him into pieces and..."

Sam gave him a puzzled face.

"And ending up behind bars?" He sighed. "No, Harry what you can do is to take care of Niall. He needs you and leave Ed to us, we'll take care of Ed. This time he wont be released and we will make sure he gets where he belongs."

Harry relaxed a little. He frowned and he chose to nod.

"But if I see him again in my life, I will kill..."

Sam smiled.

"No, you wont do anything against him. Go to the hospital and take care of Niall."

Maura went between them and looked a bit apologetic at Sam.

"What about him? How's Niall?"

Sam smiled comfortingly and he seemed to keep the details to himself.

"He isn't well and he was almost not alive when they found him, but the hospital got him in time and they are doing all they can right now."

Direct Harry become pale in the face and he realized that he himself had been totally focus on Ed, when it was Niall, he should think about.

"Is he dead?"

Sam shook his head.

"But he fights and I'm sure he will survive."

----

Harry had breath in his throat. He slipped into the room and he saw Niall's body in the bed. Nialls body was covered with bandages and blood had seeped through at some places. His face was white and he had a mask over his mouth. It was linked lots of appliances to his weak body. Harry clenched his fists and he was so angry, at the same time as he just wanted to cry.

"Damn Ed!" he murmured cold and he went to bed. He looked down at Nialls body. He could only imagine how the skin looked. He could only imagine what Ed had done to this wonderful angel. Harry pulled up a chair to the bed, and he sat down. Gently he took Nialls hand and he looked straight into the sleeping eyes.

"Please don't leave me." he whispered hoarsely. "Please, Niall, fight and stay there. I'll take care of you. I'll make sure he gets his punishment and I..."

The tears came and he could no longer hold anything back. He felt his whole body landed in a state of hopelessness.

Maura also cried. She couldn't go in to Niall. "Just one person!" the staff had said. "The risk of infection is too big and we must ensure that he's not subjected to any more than necessary." She stood by the window and looked in at Niall. She wiped away her tears and she tried to breathe, but it was difficult. Anne took her arm around her shoulders and tried to comfort her.

"He'll be fine."

Maura nodded weakly. She saw how Harry was holding her son's hand and the thought of the room faded away a little. Yet there were the pictures left in her head. Pictures of Harry, beating Niall, beat Niall hard. She had to drop those pictures. It wasn't Harry who had injured Niall. It was that Ed.

"Ed...?" Maura sobbed. "Ed did the same thing as Harry doing to him?"

Anne shook her head.

"No, Harry would never hurt Niall in that way. They don't hit each other to harm or do that and Ed did it from hatred."

Maura chose to nod. She was in a daze and she didn't even know what she would feel. They heard voices. Bobby and Desmond got out of the elevator and all their families was almost total. Maura knew Greg was on the way there and even Gemma.

----

Harry kissed Nialls hand, his weak little Irish hand. He looked at him the whole time, just to get a proof that he heard Harry's voice. It was as if Harry needed some evidence that he still was alive and still was there. Niall couldn't die or end up in a coma. Niall would wake up and he would laugh and he would hug Harry and tell him he loved him. Harry needed to hear the Irishman's voice, his soft lovely voice that was always so perfect.

"Come on!" he muttered hoarsely. "You and I have a long life to live, ahead of us, and we will do so many things together. You wont die yet, and you wont leave me."

Nialls hand moved a little. Harry gulped and he looked down on it. Yes, the fingers twitched a little.

"Come on, darling!" he said in a louder voice. "Come back and fight. I will help you and we will get through this. You are strong!"

----

"Is that Harry?"

Greg wasn't happy, but he tried not to show the hatred as he felt deep inside. Maura nodded and she gave him a light hug.

"Please understand that Niall loves him. You can't change your brother, and indeed, I agree to Harry. He's a good man."

She didn't tell her other son everything. She didn't mention what Harry loved to do. Greg still hated gays, although he didn't hate his own brother. Greg clenched his jaw and he nodded.

"Yes, I promise to try." he whispered hoarsely. "But you know that I..."

She nodded tired against him.

"Yes, but this time it's not about what you think or want. Niall's in there and he's hurt. You have to think about him in the first place."

Bobby came over to them and he sensed what they were talking about. He put a hand on his son's shoulder and looked straight into his eyes.

"Harry is a part of our family. Let hatred be deep inside you and hide it for this time. He takes care of Niall and he loves him. That's all."

Greg looked at them both.

"So you want that I should just accept this?"

Bobby nodded and he smiled weakly.

"Well, you'll just accept this. They are married and they have rings that swear their love. Accept it and live with it! This is what Niall wants and we can't tell him otherwise..."