18

"The trial starts next week!"

Harry came into the room. Niall had rested a bit and he raised his tired head.

"Okay?"

Harry showed him the letter that had come in the mail.

"And you don't have to testify."

Niall put his head down on the pillow. He didn't know what to feel. He nodded a little bit.

"Okay!"

Harry sat down on the edge of the bed. He let a hand slide through Nialls hair and he put his head askew.

"I will go there. I want to hear what he has to say."

Niall looked up at Harry.

"Then I will go with you."

"No!"

Niall smiled.

"Well, I want to be sure that you don't do anything stupid."

Harry frowned.

"You don't have a high opinion about me?"

Niall smiled reassuring.

"Well, I have. But I also know how much you hate him."

Harry agreed, and he laughed a little,

"One can't still have weapons in there or knives. They usually have guards who make sure everything is handled properly."

Niall nodded.

"But they don't know who you are."

Harry laughed a little and he let a finger landing under Nialls chin. He leaned forward and kissed him.

"No, only you know who I am."

----

Harry held Nialls hand tightly as they entered the courtroom. They chose to sit at the back. Two lawyers had appeared and some people who wanted to be there. Niall felt his whole body stiffened when the door opened and two policemen came in with Ed. He had his hands and feet stuck in a chain and he had the same goofy smile on his face. Harry also became numb and he frowned. Ed didn't seem aware that they were there, not until he would sit down. He looked at Harry and it was as if he didn't believe his eyes. His face changed to something else, and he seemed to lose himself for a while. The lawyer said something to him. Ed nodded in response without stopping to stare at Harry, then he saw Niall and immediately he seemed dissatisfied. Niall looked down at his hands and he didn't want to be in touch with Ed, not even through the eyes.

The judge showed up and immediately everyone stood up. Ed tried to look at Harry, but the lawyer seemed want the opposite. All sat down and after that the trial began. Niall noted that this could derail. Ed was worried and he seemed just like he wanted to turn his face against Harry. His lawyer did the best trying to get Ed to look at the judge.

"He's crazy!" Harry whispered hoarsely. He hugged Nialls hand tightly and even Niall had realized that part.

"I know."

One of the policemen stood in the end behind Ed, all for him to be still. Niall puffed out. Now it was a barrier between them. Now there was someone who could protect them and make sure that Ed wouldn't look at them again.

-

It happened quickly. Ed stood up and he turned around to face Harry.

"You know I did it for your sake!" he shouted hoarsely. "I did everything for your sake, that you would see how much I love you."