Chapter 2 - Natsu's Perfect Life

Sidenote: Every chapter has either Natsu of Lucy's name in the title and that counts as what type of perspective it is.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Sundown is when I walk home. My black designer shoes hit the concrete with a solid thud. People probably wonder about me as I walk back to my condo like they always do. "That Natsu Dragneel over there," they'd point at me. "can't hold it down when he rides in cars." And then they'd snicker "That's probably why his shoes are scuffed all of the time." Great. Now
I'm tempted to turn around and yell "ARE NOT!" in the middle of public. No one's around now, but, y'now, there might be cameras.

Everyday, when I walk down the path next to the city park, I see a young woman laying on a bench only holding a blanket. She has beautiful blonde hair that flows off of the bench. I've never seen her face though because of the way her back is turned. I walk by her and see my condo by the light of the streetlights. I'm almost there when something falls out of the sky.

It gleams while the thing falls and lands right in front of me. I set my briefcase on the ground and bend down to pick up the shiny metal object. 'Lucy' is what's engraved into the heart shaped locket. A gold chain is tangled up with it. It's a necklace. But one thing still troubles me. Why would it fall out of the sky? And why does it have the name Lucy engraved in it?

I put it in my pocket, and continue walking like no big deal. Hey, I found it right? The yellow light reflects off of the shiny doors as I open them. I sign into the apartment building, then take the grand elevator to the 7th room, of the 7th floor, of the 7th street. It goes up. Floor by floor. When it gets to my floor, I step out and walk down the hall to my condo. As I'm unlocking the door, my gaze lands on my neighbor's moving boxes outside of their door.'Did I practice my karate too loud?' I wonder.

I step into my living room and then into the bar off of the room. This bar serves as my kitchen. I open my mini fridge and take out a frozen beef dinner. My hands unwrap the package, then stick it into the microwave. 30 seconds pass by, then I take it out and grab a fork. I take my dinner to my room to eat in peace. As soon as I step out onto my patio, warm wind hits my face softly.

I look out into the city. It's beautiful. The lights of the streets reflect off of the big glass skyscrapers. The natural sounds of the city echo in my ears. I pull out the locket in my back pocket to examine it better. Who is Lucy and why did her locket fall out of the sky? I think back. I've known a Lucy before, but she's not coming back.

I lean back and relax. After I finish my meal, I throw it away, then take off my suit and pull on a t-shirt and shorts. I slip into my comfortable bed and fall asleep to the sound of the news playing on television. During the night, I grip the locket in my hands.

In the morning, my alarm clock rings. It doesn't actually ring, it plays the sound of rain because I find that more comforting than having a hellish ring vibrate inside my eardrums at 5 in the morning. I pound the button on it to quiet it down and stop the alarm...a normal exercise while I'm in my dream state. I slowly open my heavy eyes, then remember that today is Wednesday. Wednesday is my day that I'm off work. Taking a sigh of relief, I sleep for fifteen minutes more before rising from my bed.

My feet slowly walk me down the hall which makes a noise with every step. Geez this place is old. I check inside the spare room. Nope, looks like she left earlier today. 

I take a shower, then put on my regular clothes and eat breakfast. I tie the laces on my tennis shoes and slip the locket back into my pocket. I seem sluggish as I walk down the hall to the elevator. As I'm going down, I take some time to think about things. I have a weird feeling about today for some reason.

I step out of the elevator, and walk to the indoor coffee shop inside my apartment building. "One hot coffee please. 1 sugar, 1 cream." I tell the lady operating Starbucks. She hands me my drink then I go to sit down at a table. Agh...they got my name wrong. Just as I'm sitting down, my fiance Lisanna, bounces over and sits right next to me. "Hey Honey! How are you doing today?" She asks.

"Oh, hey Lisanna." I say back, then kiss her lightly. "I'm leaving today." She whispers. "Oh yeah. How long are you gone for again?" I ask. "4 days on Tenrou island. You be good." She says, then smiles. "Okay." I take a sip of my coffee. "You want me to walk you to a taxi?" I ask trying to be polite. "Oh, my luggage is already in the limo out front.

"I'm surprised you actually carried it all out by yourself considering all of your fashion equipment." I say. "Well, it took me about an hour, but I don't give up so easily." She says in a sweet tone. Nonsense. "Unlike someone I know." She adds, bringing me into her random talk about random things (what I call it). "Dssh." I blow it off even though it didn't really bother me in the first place. "Mirajane's Fashion needed my help, so maybe that was why I was so motivated." She says. 

"Alright, well have a safe trip then." I mutter to her as she leaves. You can't blame me for being tired. I take my final sip of my coffee, then throw it in the recycle bin. I head out to the front of the building, and start jogging around as I usually do. Just as I'm about to cross the street to the quieter park area, a blonde-haired girl walks out onto of the street and stops. Then, she lays down....and let me remind you, ON THE STREET.

Kind of weirded out by the situation, I start to scream stuff at her just in case she's sleep-walking in the middle of the day which was very questionable. I almost leave her there after a  "Hey! You need to get out of the street! You could get run over!" but then I see a big red truck zooming down the street at full speed. But when I look back over at her, I don't move. I realize who it is. The girl from the bench. She glances up at me. Her chocolate-brown eyes glitter in the sunlight. Her skin is covered in dirt, cuts and bruises. She wears a tight t-shirt about to fall apart, and shorts that I'm pretty sure were baggy jeans a long time ago. Her hair flows down her shoulder in a messy braid.

The truck is getting closer. "Come on! Don't do this! You have one chance at life and you've got to get it right! You can't just give up!" She looks down and doesn't answer. Then after a few seconds, stands up and looks me straight in the eye. I've seen her somewhere before... But I can't move my thoughts as fast as the truck hits her spot on.