Chapter 21 - Lisanna's Final Hour

18 hours have passed...time for the final one. (I'm frickin sorry for making this story so dramatic!)

Natsu's POV

We are on Lisanna's final hour. We've been here all night, and it's almost the afternoon again. She lays on the couch, breathing heavily. Her head hurts really bad from the pain she's described. She's asleep. 

I turn to Lucy, and silently cry on her shoulder, She pats my head. Gray and Erza went off to get the others, now that they're in the same location in Hargeon. Lucy squeezes my hand. "It'll be alright." She also gives me her reassuring smile. God, I love that smile. To me, Lucy is an angel that came down from heaven. 

Man, me and Lisanna were planning our wedding just 2 weeks ago. "Red or white roses?" I remember asking her. "Pink." She said back. I had to go through a lot just to get one. Who knew they were so hard to find. Now, instead of a wedding that day, we should get on the topic of how Lisanna's funer-. I can't think about that. It'll just make me cry harder. 

I hear her sweet voice in my ear. "Natsu, please stop crying," She says, then puts her hand on my head. Lucy. The only thing that is helping me pull through today. "Natsu." I hear someone say behind me. "Yes Lisanna." I get close to her. "Could we please have some privacy Lucy?" Asks Lisanna. "Oh, uh, sure." She get up and leaves the room.

"Why did you make her go? I ask Lisanna. "Because I wanted to talk to you about something. We don't have much time." She says back, in her whisper of a voice. "Well, I've seen the way you look at her." She starts. "Who?" I ask. "Lucy." She says. "You know, why else would she show up a month before our wedding, when you haven't seen her since you were 6!" 

"I-I don't know." I say, thinking hard. "Also, I wanted to give you this." She takes off the ring on her finger and puts it in my hand. "Give it to her. I want you to have a wife you deserve." She says. "But Lisan-" She cuts me off. "Hey, you've never kissed anyone but me and that was ONCE." I remember. Me and Lisanna hadn't really loved each-other to begin with. We were just dared by none other than Gray and Erza.  

We eventually moved in together so we could save money. I've been going on business trips a lot, and she has too. I asked her to marry me because I knew that she had a life-long crush on me, and I wanted her dream to come true. Although, the rules were no sleeping in the same bed, and no kissing on the mouth. We had to give each-other privacy. So the relationship was just a big joke. 

She grew to be my biggest friend, but then Lucy came around. Me and Lisanna both know that the string that tied us together was broken by Lucy, then she started to pull me her way with a bigger string, a rope, and I fell for it. 

"Natsu, I'm counting on you. You're already in love, so just tell her. And when you're ready, ask the 4 magic words that will change the both of you guy's lives forever." I give up. "Alright." 

"I love you Natsu." She says sweetly for the last time, then goes limp. If only I could of treated her with more kindness. Lucy walks into the room, and I hide the ring in my pocket. I shoot into her arms, making us topple to the ground. But I don't let go. I love Lucy with all of my heart, and I won't lose her like I lost Lisanna, because she's the only person that's been there for me the whole time. 

And I'm going to complete Lisanna's wish. So all of us can be happy.