Chapter 19 - Natsu Saved Me

I race into the darkness below. I'm not going to keep Lucy waiting. My eyes search around as best they can. I watch the boat sink into the ocean, never to see daylight again. I have to come up for breath, then I go back down again. Lisanna! Where could she be?

I swim around in circles it feels like, coming up for breath every 10 seconds. Then I see a little white haired girl on a rock. I dive down after taking the biggest breath I could. I swim towards her frantically, then grab her hand. Yep, it's Lisanna. I swim up to the surface with Lisanna and catch my breath. Next goal: Finding Lucy. I search around, dodging people as I go. 

Some of them are...dead. The ones that surfaced. They are still, as still as can be. But I push past that. I see a familiar blonde headed girl about 2 miles ahead of me, all alone, hanging onto a floating piece of wood. There she is. I begin swimming. I don't know why, but a part of me just wants to hold Lucy in my arms, and tell her that everything is going to be okay. 

"Natsu!" She yells. "Please tell me Lisanna's okay!" I look down at Lisanna. She needs CPR. And quick. As if it were magic, I hear the buzz of a helicopter. Lucy looks up. Only, it's not ONE helicopter, it's about TWO-HUNDRED! "We're saved!" I hear someone yell. "My baby will live!" Another one says. 

Lucy smiles the biggest she has ever smiled. She looks like an angel. The helicopters lower their ropes, one by one. "5 people per helicopter!" I hear Lisanna's brother, Elfman scream into a megaphone. He lowers his rope right in-front of us. Lucy starts to climb up first. Then I climb up with Lisanna. We sit down in the seats inside the helicopter. I sit Lisanna on the ground pumping some air into her. Nothing. She finally opens her eyes. 

(You guys are going to thank me for this so bad! Listen to a love song for extra impact.)

"Wait, but don't we need two more people on the helicopter?" Lucy asks. "Yep, we got em' climbing up the ladder right now." I look down at who is going to join us. I see my life-long rival, and the birthday girl. Gray and Erza. "Oh. my. GOD!!!!" We all stand up to hug them, Lisanna even half stands up. It's a hug full of both sad and happy tears, and all of us gripping onto one another. 

"But how-" Lucy asks. "No need to worry about how, Erza just has a really bad burn almost on all of her body, and I might've broken my back..." Gray says, saying the last part under his breath. 

(I know, I just couldn't let them die!)

"You idiot." I say. "You're the idiot. Flamebrain." Gray replies. 

"Ice princess." I shoot back.

"Tabasco freak."

"Ice cube."

"Fire eater."

That goes on for a few seconds more before Erza smacks the living daylights out of us. "Would you two just shut up!" She says every few minutes. Lucy chuckles. Finally, we're about home. I let out a sigh of relief. 

"Hey Erza, how did you manage to survive?" I ask. "Oh, well let's just say that no situation is too sticky to get out of."

"And Gray?" I ask. 

"I guess I landed a little too hard on the water. Lets call it a back flop." He says. Lisanna lays on my shoulder sleeping.

________________________________________________

She might not know it now, but Lisanna is suffering from encephalitis, an inflammation of the brain. You get it by getting bacteria up into your brain area. Sometimes, by getting water up your nose with bacteria in it, it can go up to your brain area since your nose leads to your brain. Pretty complicated stuff huh? If you don't get it treated soon, you WILL die.