IV.

I ruined everything!

I wrapped my small arms around Louis' large body, sobbing.

"W-what did I do wrong? Louis, he's probably like the rest of the bad masters. I should never have gotten my hopes up. He's just going to spend his wishes right away and leave us." I wailed into Louis' shoulder.

Louis whined and nuzzled his head into my neck. I pulled back and patted his head gratefully. We have been through so much together. He was my best friend and loyal.

I shook my head as tears streamed down my face. It didn't make sense to me. Why didn't he believe me? He was in disbelief when I told him what I was. Does society not believe in magic anymore?

"Clarissa?"

I stopped crying at the call. I looked around and realized it was coming from outside the lamp.

It was Master.

Louis growled at the entrance. I understood his feelings. He was upset that Master made me cry.

"Clarissa, can we talk? I need to apologize and understand what is happening."

I sighed and reluctantly got up, ready to follow his orders. It was time to confront him once again. I just hoped he didn't yell at me again.

Louis growled, not wanting me to leave. I smiled softly as I wiped away my tears. He was so protective of me.

"It'll be okay Louis." I reassured.

I closed my eyes and transported myself out of the lamp. Now that I had a Master, it was easy to transport myself in and out of the lamp. I opened my eyes again and I was back in his sleeping quarters. I quickly looked around in awe. His sleeping quarters was constructed differently than any of my old masters.

I found Master sitting on his bed with his head down. He was moving his fingers around, seeming nervous.

I decided to initiate the conversation.

"You called?" I whispered shyly.

I didn't want to risk him yelling him at me again. He looked up at me and I saw regret in his blue eyes.

"I'm sorry Clarissa. I didn't mean to be so harsh - well I did. I thought you were just some crazy woman who broke into my house. I have a lot on my plate right now. I just put all my frustration on you. For that, I am sorry for my attitude when I thought you were a fraud." he said sincerely.

I looked at him shocked. None of my old masters ever apologized to me before. I didn't know what was on his plate or where it was, but I understood he was apologizing for his behavior towards me.