XVIII.

Where the hell was Clarissa?

Marissa's words echoed in my ears. Trouble was about to brew? What did Marissa mean? Did she do something to her?

I was so busy running around and searching, I ran into someone and fell on my ass.

"Damn it," I mumbled. "Sorry about that."

But I received no response back. I looked up and I saw the guy I bumped into standing there mindlessly.

Okay...? I guess that guy had a bit too much to drink.

Now that I thought about it, I didn't hear the crowd anymore. The laughter and yelling has stopped. I picked myself up and looked around.

Everyone was frozen into place. People that were dancing were frozen in their positions, people's mouths were still open from hollering, and none of them blinked. If I didn't know any better, I would had thought they were all statues.

I waved my hand in front of the guy's face for some kind of reaction, only to get no response.

"What the fuck?!" a familiar voice shouted and I perked up.

Tyler?

"Tyler?" I shouted throughout the house. I ran past everyone- or the statues- in search for my friend. I spotted him on the couch with a frozen girl straddling him. I did a quick whistle at the display as Tyler struggled to get the girl off him.

"Wait until Kayla-"

"She jumped on me. Don't you dare tell Kayla about this." Tyler snapped.

I snickered as he glared at me. 

"Don't laugh at me. You are the exact same way with Clarissa."

That shut me up.

"What the hell is going on? Why is the girl that jumped me turn into a human statue? And why is everyone acting like we're playing a large game of freeze tag?"

"I have a feeling this is Clarissa. Marissa found me and tried to get my bag. She said there was trouble- and I think it meant Clarissa. Have you seen her?" I said worriedly.

"I haven't seen her since she went to dance with Riley. Let's go find the others." Tyler said. He went to get up, but the girl was stuck on him. I held back my laughter.

"Are you going to help me get this damned girl off of me or not? There's not time for jokes." Tyler said annoyed.

I went to grab the girl's waist and tried to pull her off of Tyler. But she wouldn't come off. It was like she was glued to Tyler.

"Um...do you think you can do it while carrying her around? I don't think she's coming off anytime soon. We can't waste anymore time." I spoke urgently and gestured for him to get the fuck up.