[ 1 2 ] fear [ r a v e n ]

• Dedicated to my parents

fear [n.]: 1. A strong, uncontrollable, unpleasant emotion caused by actual or perceived danger or threat; 2. A phobia, a sense of fear induced by something or someone.

JUST FUCKING TELL ME, TALA!”

   “I can’t! I promised, and she really doesn’t want you to know. Plus, here’s a secret: She’s in an ICU, and only close relatives are allowed there. You can’t go in there no matter what, and you know that.”

   I stared at my little sister. It’s been only two months since her thirteenth birthday, but she definitely acts like a mature teenager now, but that helps, I guess.

   My intense stares never worked on Tala. She was never affected by it, and that’s a minus for me. How in the world can I get to Fae in time before she disappears forever in my life?! I don’t want my last memory of her with me to be with her bawling her eyes out and me stopping my eyes to escape the tears that are threatening to roll down my cheeks. I don’t want my last memory of her to be our breakup day. I don’t want that, never.

   Then what kind of last memory of her do you want to be, Raven? Do you want it to be with her looking weak and helpless in a hospital bed in front of you? Do you want that? Do you want Fae to feel disappointed and sad if she finds out in her ICU room, even though you still have no idea how to get in there?

   No, of course not, Raven. It’s better for Fae to give her what she wishes; give her one last wish granted before she fades away from this world.

   But I don’t want her to fade away from this world. I want her to be with me and for us to grow old together with our wedding rings on our fingers and our grandkids playing on the lawn with our children while we sit lovingly on the couch, our hair as white as snowflakes and our skin all wrinkly and old. I want us to be like that. I want that imagination to be true.

   But that’s not possible.

   The world is not a wish-granting factory.

   Yes, the world is definitely not a wish-granting factory. John Green is right. Augustus Waters is right. They’re right. They’re both right.

   All I can do left is accept the truth, and accept the fact that at least I gave Fae one last wish granted. One last wish.

   Yes. One last wish.

A/N: Yes, Raven has read The Fault in Our Stars by John Green. Credit to John Green.

Btw: yes, I am a nerdfighter (kind of).