I Accidentally Scored Backstage Passes

hiya! another story originally on quizilla. moved it to here, and NO nothing about werewolves, vampires, supernatural stuff, spies, blahblahblah. for all you people sick of that crap and in love with music. (sorry if i offend anyone's music taste, we all know it's serious stuff. but hey, if y'all don't like it, be my guest to click away from the page! i won't track you down, promise. ^_^)

read on, enjoy! and please, don't be afraid to comment.

uploading might be slow, sorry!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Skye’s POV:

       I hummed a melody as I strummed my guitar. I’d just bought this one a month ago, and since I’d been saving up for it forever, I played it every chance I got.

We will never be never be, anything but loud

We’re nitty gritty, little freaks

So come on and come on and raise, your, glass

C’mon and c’mon and, raise, your, glass

My cell phone suddenly burst into ‘Raise Your Glass by P!nk. Which only meant one thing. Maddie was calling to drag me somewhere that probably involved lots of people, dressing up, drinking beer, and dancing. Maybe good music.

I sighed, but picked up the phone. “What’s up?”

“The Skye!” Maddie squealed into my ear. “Hey, are you ready? You’re coming, right? Yes, you are. I’m picking you up----”

“Whoa, wait, what?” She was talking too fast and excitedly for me to understand. “Coming where?”

I could practically hear her rolling her eyes. “C’mon, Skye, remember? I told you a month ago. We’re going to see the HardCoreSouls tonight! They’re the hottest new band in town. And I mean hot, girl, those guys----”

“Okay, I get it,” I interrupted. I didn’t remember anything about this hard core whatever, but that’s probably because I was too busy choosing the perfect guitar.

“You’re coming,” decided Maddie. “Get ready. I’m coming at 6:30. Bye!” And she hung up before I could say anything else.

I sighed in defeat, and put the phone down. I gave my guitar a longing glance. Then I got ready for tonight. Might as well; I didn’t have anything else to do.

       *****

       It was almost time for Maddie to come, and I was back in my room strumming my guitar, trying to finish a song I was writing. I’d written quite a few songs, but they’re just for fun and no one’s ever heard any of them but me.

       The doorbell rang, and I wrote the last chord of the chorus. I grabbed my bag and headed to the door. I stuck a note on the fridge just in case my dad came home early. Ha.

       I opened the door to see a really happy Maddie, dressed like she’s ready to party. She was a cute redhead, a bit on the short-ish side, and had a wide, friendly smile. She was definitely someone that people, especially guys, would notice.

       She eyed my own outfit: denim shorts, an oversized shirt that exposed my right shoulder, and a purple tank underneath that. I’d tied my black hair (with multi-coloured streaks!) into a ponytail that hung over my shoulder. Maddie nodded, approving.

       “Let’s go, or we’ll never get in,” she said cheerfully.

       *****