Part II: Chapter 26

"Raven, this is a bad idea."

He kept going.

"You might fall and hurt your wings again! They're still healing!"

He ignored me and kept going.

"Raven, please come back, you're really scaring me!"

He glanced over his shoulder, smirked at me, turned and kept going.

"You don't even use the satellite channels! Just stick to Netflix!"

He completely ignored me.

"You're ignoring me. He's ignoring me," I muttered, talking to myself in my discomfort. "He's being stupid, he's gonna get himself hurt, that goddamn tease just wants to see me pace in the attic while he crawls all over the steep, slanted roof to get to our TV satellite, he's going to get himself hurt or get himself spotted. This isn't funny, I don't know why he's smiling like an idiot and laughing like a damn dork, he doesn't even know how to fix a satellite, so there's no point even if he gets all the way out there anyways, and I'm still talking to myself..."

I bit my lip

I bit my lip. He reached the satellite and started twisting it in random directions and full-out rewiring it. Damn it, please don't break it.

"Raven, you don't even know what it looks like when it's working, how do you think you can-"

The TV screen flickered on to the radar.

"Wait, I think you've got something!" I called, stunned. Damn, how can he be so frickin smart?

The screen flickered out. "It's gone again!" I yelled towards the window.

A few moments of white noise, and it was on again. "It's back! Yeah, right there! No, go back! Okay, you're good!"

A minute later, he was crawling back along the roof to the window with the satellite TV back in working order.

As he climbed in the window, he flicked me on the forehead. You worry too much, he chuckled.

I was stunned, and couldn't do anything but turn red, blushing. I quickly tried to cover for myself went to gently elbow him back as he walked by.

But the elbow never hit, because he saw it coming and swiped me across the face with his wing for a mouthful of feathers.

I coughed and sputtered as I fell on my butt even though there weren't really any feathers that stuck to me.

"Cheater," I muttered.

He huffed a laugh, reaching down to help me up.

I took his hand and, putting a hilarious surprise on his face, yanked him down with me.

I then stood up on my own as he caught his breath on the floor.

Giddiness twisting in my chest, I strut off to the couch, but he caught up so quickly that we both dropped onto the dusty cushions at the same time. He wrapped an arm and wing around me and held me as we enjoyed the cable TV he'd finally fixed.