Part III: Chapter 38

"I-is Grandma okay?" I squeaked.

"Yes, she's fine, I am a man of my word," Woodman assured me. "So? Has she been cooperative?"

"No, she hasn't," Percy said, grinning back at him. "I think she needs to be taught a lesson."

"Hmm," Woodman hummed, "I should expect no less from the Bird's choice of confidant. But you're a smart, strong young girl who will make the right choice in the end, aren't you?"

 But you're a smart, strong young girl who will make the right choice in the end, aren't you?"

"W-what do you want with me?" I stammered as Earnest revved up the car. No, I don't want to leave with them... Damn it, no!

"Well, my dear...you loved that thing, didn't you? You were probably the first. So of course it got very attached to you," he replied with a chuckle. "It'll be back. Maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow...but it'll be back."

I felt almost nauseous to find out that I was not being kidnapped not for information, which I could give and then be set free...but as a bargaining token for Raven. I'm never going home, unless they get him instead.

As we rode down the secluded road that was Arrow Court, I didn't dare turn around to watch my house disappear behind me. Before we could turn onto Robin Hood Drive, Percy pulled out a very long black beanie-like-hat, and pulled it down over my face so I couldn't look around.

My heart pounded as I sniffed often to avoid smearing snot on the inside of the hat and my upper lip. I'm a prisoner now. This is...my life now.

I was silent the rest of the ride, my gut churning in such horror, as I wished the car would just crash and kill us all...

I tried to sense where we were going...but I was getting so turned around without my sight, and I felt just so terrified in there that I could barely even think straight...

I was hyperventilating. Every bump in the road made my queasy stomach flip... I thought the road would keep going here but I felt it turn, and I tried to figure out which road it was... I couldn't tell where I was going... I was sure they were driving in circles just to throw me off.

Kill me now...what's going to happen to me?

The car slowed to a stop. Car doors opened up and slammed shut. Percy grabbed me and pulled me from the car, shoving me towards the front door and pulling off the blinding hat.

In a clearing among trees, the dark log cabin loomed as big and tall as the pines around it. A hard hand pushing me inside, I got my last glimpse of warm daylight as I was shoved in the entrance, the door slamming shut behind. Before me was an odd combination of rustic-log-cabin and contemporary-and-pristine, with leather seating, spotless white carpets, antler chandeliers, and dark brown log walls.

Inside there were two more men waiting for the return of the rest; a dark-haired one who was reading a book on a leather chair, and a blonde one who was sitting right next to him until he jumped to his feet at the opening of the door.