The End!

Afterthought

One of the big themes covered was abuse and trauma, and a lot of this got addressed by Melody, whose character was designed to be, besides creative and open-minded, wise and emotionally intelligent. Her role is to teach Raven essentially how to be a human, and thanks to his incredible intelligence, he catches on extremely quickly.

I'm particularly proud of Woodman's death scene, where Raven calls him out on everything he's ever done, where I included a lot of insight into 'the cycle of abuse,' as well as how that cycle needs to end; you stop reciprocating hate with hate and start responding with love. (Cheesy, I know, but there ya go.)

Of course, everyone, we all know that if we actually find an injured stranger in the wilderness we shouldn't do any of the dangerously trusting things Melody did, but what a great story it made.

Don't forget to hit that vote and follow button! It would mean a lot to me if you told me what about it you liked, what you didn't personally have a taste for, or what you think needs fixed. I love feedback, and I'd be ecstatic to see someone chase down the easter eggs, or untangle the behind-the-scenes connections/conspiracies I tie together.

Thanks for reading. I really hope you did like it; as you go on your way, enjoy your books, be safe, be smart, and I wish you the best. :)

.

.

The End

For those of you who are bummed it's over, there are still two more books in the trilogy! I'll admit, I haven't touched them in years, so *full send* until I get through all the editing and reworking and photoshopping visuals, you should keep your expectations in check, yeah? Heh...

.

.

Book II: Starflight

Description: I believe in love and legends. I live in a world different than everyone else. It was once beautiful, but is constantly ripped apart by people, purged and plundered and twisted until the only truly beautiful places left are too small and circumstantial to come across easily. We were lucky enough to find one of those places.

With Hunter dead, Potatonut back, and Raven home, me and my boyfriend attempt a peaceful lifestyle together. It's going perfectly, until after many months of harmony, a lawyer and detective interrupt, insisting Raven move out. And they know something.

Raven has to find a way to hide before they come back and take him, Nancy, and me away. And Dr Fike is of no help.

Running into Myra, Hunter's old home, and new complex villains, Raven and I continue our epic journey to do nothing but stay together in one piece.

.

.

Book III: Heartsongs

Description: Melody is pregnant, and it's tearing apart her relationship with Raven to decide what to do about it. And, Raven wants to remove his wings, something Melody refuses to agree to. To make matters worse, right in the middle of their emotional divide, someone new walks into their life.

And what is this? Nancy might not be as crazy as she seems. As Raven discovers he has a new ability, Nancy knew what he was and that he had it all along. What else might that old bat know?

With the Woodmans out of the way, the couple thought they were prepared for everything. Except Aves Noir.

More running, more hiding. More Dr Riness. New half-breeds, and the biggest protagonist backstory reveal you've ever seen. Read the final book of the "Ravenwings" trilogy to find out.