Chapter 5

Everyone looked at Cara with disbelief.

"You must be mistaken. If I had the force I would've surely known by now".

"Well, Naxia, anyone you knew who is very strong with the force, you kill, so it makes sense that you could've gone your whole life without knowing". Ferry responded.

She took a moment and considered the pink girl's suggestion.

"This is nonsense. You must be getting mixed signals or however that works".

"Oh no, it's pretty clear. It's very powerful within you".

"Is that so?"

Cara looked at Naxia with concern and thought.

"How about you try to pick up this drink. Right here and now, with the force".

"I don't have the force! And even if I did, I wouldn't even know how to pick it up".

"If the force is as strong as it says with you, you should have no problem with picking up the cup".

The bounty hunter looked at one of the cups Derk was drinking out of, deciphering on whether all of this was worth her time.

"Oh come on, you'll never know if you don't try. I trust Cara over here, she wouldn't be lying". Derk encouraged.

Another moment of consideration. She looked over at the cup, and held out her hand, afraid of what might happen. Willing every ounce of energy in her towards the cup, Naxia thought long and hard, trying to make the cup float. After about 7 seconds of pure concentration, the cup lifted right off the table. This startled Naxia so much that the cup instantly dropped right back down with a clunk, splattering some liquid. Cara looked at her with excitement, as so did everyone else. All Naxia could do was rethink what just happened, looking down at her palms. Did that cup really just float off the table?

"I-uh..."

"I can't believe this either gurl! You have the freaking FORCE!" Ferry exclaimed.

"This has to be a prank. You lifted that cup off the table with your mind while I was trying, weren't you!"

"Why would I be lying to you?" Cara asked.

"Well...I-I just can't... how?"

"This is all very exciting, and I think we can go somewhere with your new discovered talent... Cara?" Derk said, signaling Cara to continue his suggestion.

"Well... I've been looking apprentice... and you seem to be very skilled with no training, so maybe if-" "Oh my gosh Naxia! Are you hearing this!" Ferry said interrupting Cara with a thrill.

This was all just too much happening at once. Figuring out your force sensitive is one thing, but now becoming an apprentice? Her reputation as a bounty hunter was for sure going to go downhill within a couple of days, due to being captured by the Resistance, and she'll have nothing else to excel with in the destruction of the light side. But was it a good decision to make? Becoming a Sith? And why was now the time she discovered this? Minutes went by as Naxia processed this.

"Okay... I'll do it".

"Great! Oh you two will make such a good team". Derk exclaimed.

"Yea, I guess so".

Ferry looked so excited, and this confused Naxia. Why was Ferry happy for her?

"I just can't believe this is all happening. But I won't let you down Cara".

"Good. We'll head to Korriban, a planet full of Sith's. It'll be a good place for you to be trained. I suppose the pink girl is coming with us?"

"Oh yea, I was hired to keep an eye on her. It's in my contract for her to come with us".