Chapter 9

Naxia stood in awe, not knowing how to respond.

"It's okay, there's no need to be afraid." Kylo explained, sensing her emotions with the force.

"And ... and why would that be?" She replied.

"We've heard much about you, rumors of inhabiting the force." Snoke continued.

"That's correct."

"One of the best bounty hunters in the galaxy, now discovering her ability to use the force? Of course you would catch our attention."

"Why ... why would you summon me? Plenty of other talented people in the galaxy have the force, and may even be more capable. Just because of my fame, doesn't mean I could be even slightly worth your time! I don't understand!"

Dalcuras stepped forward, and exclaimed, "Oh no Naxia, your definitely worth our time. No doubt about that. Your skills paired with the capabilities of the force can help us a lot here at the First Order. You have no idea how exciting the news of the discovery is to us."

Her cheeks were turning a bright red. All of this seemed like a dream. Was it? Is this heaven? Did she die on Jakku?

"It's all real, you can stop that now. Like I said, your news is captivating to everyone here on Starkiller Base."

Shocked that he too could see her thoughts, she looked up at Snoke, wondering if he did also.

"How could it be so exciting if you don't even know my strength with the force?"

Kylo looked at Dalcuras, then looked back at the girl.

"That's why we brought you here ... we weren't going to have you work for us if incapable with the force to do so. Unfortunately, that means either you are, or you die." Snoke explained, his voice echoing in the cavernous room.

Naxia stood in disbelief, and was startled by the sound of Kylo Ren's tripled bladed lightsaber vibrating to life. With it's light illuminating, she was frozen with fear. After such a prasing, things changed drastically, quickly. They were going to kill her! The masked Sith ran towards her at lightening speed. Remembering that her lightsaber was still equipped on her belt, she flung it out just in time to stop his blade from reaching skin. His push against her lightsaber was much stronger, forcing her to lean back slowly and uncomfortably. It was at this moment where Naxia realized this was life or death against one of the most powerful Sith in the galaxy, not some puny Jedi or Guavin soldier. Struggling with all her might, she used one of her advanced talents with the force, and pushed him away with an invisible energy. His strength resulted in her effort to get him far away, only moving him a couple feet, giving her just a few seconds of safety. Impressed with the impact, Kylo rose off the ground, waving his lightsaber in a figure-8 before striking again. Slicing his way in the air, Naxia stumble backwards, defending each blow with an agonizing grunt. Slowly making their way down the hallway towards the glooming figure of Snoke, things weren't looking to good. Dalcuras was hiding in the shadows down the hallway, taking mental notes on how the girl was fighting. How long would the bounty hunter last? Not being able to look behind while defending for her life, the girl tripped on the staircase falling down onto the ground, now in a more dangerous position. Muscles aching, Naxia pushed with all of her might, Kylo's blade inching closer and closer, his mask almost touching her face. In the midst of her crisis, a blue figure suddenly appeared far in the distance, see through and all. This didn't seem like a hologram, and Naxia didn't recognize who is was. It was a woman, and her features were too blurry to examine.

"Look into his mind for goodness sakes!" She said, her voice not seeming to echo, or seem low due to being at a distance.

Confused, she stared back up at the mask uncomfortably close to her, and looked back over, to see the human gone. If these were the last few seconds her life, might as well try the suggestion out. Naxia closed her eyes, trying to pierce into Kylo Ren's soul. She had only done such a thing once, and didn't know if it was going to work or not. Only after about 15 seconds, she found her way in, and some interesting things. Fear, lack of confidence, anger, capsuled feelings all swirled around in his soul. Darth Vader? He wants to what now? This kid wanted to "finish" what Darth Vader started? Deeper and deeper she went, only a few seconds going by. Han Solo, Leia, they were in there for some reason, but why? Before she could go any deeper, he flopped away, shocked about what she had just done. That actually worked?! Taking her chance to gain control in the battle, Naxia got off the steps and started to swing her blade at the Sith. He of course blocked every hit, but was weaker now. Gaining confidence, she started to strike more precise, and instead of for defense, for attack. She now realized that she was capable of defeating this man now. His power was only slightly larger then hers, and now that things had evened out, the fight could be in her hands. Blow after blow, their stances exchanged, saber's sparking from friction. They both circled around the throne and hologram of Snoke, trying to get the other in a dangerous position. It was at about 7 minutes later, it seemed the fight was clearly getting nowhere, and it was now just two people constantly fighting at the same pace. Noticing this, Naxia purposely got into a position where they would both be stuck pushing their lightsabers for a long period of time.