Chapter 18

Naxia awoke, her head pulsing with pain, and limbs unbearably weak. The area is blurry to her drowsy eyes. A muffled voice started to be heard, her senses beginning to fully activate. The girl felt the soft fabric of sheets, and the cold harsh metal against her wrist. The sensation was enough to send her into alarm, even though she wasn't fully aware. Naxia jolted up from the bed, trying to free herself of the cuff encasing her arm, her hand in someone else's. A crowd of fingers started to flood over, trying to calm her down. In the midst of the commotion, the hand lets go of hers, but it returns and falls delicately upon her shoulder. No such composure existed in the First Order, not anywhere she had been before. Immediately, she stopped her frantic panic, and took a moment to capture her surroundings.

A bundle, of what it seemed like nurses, encircled her bed, sweating profusely. Naxia was hooked up to some sort of machine, one of kinds she's never encountered before. General Leia was watching from afar, leaning against the wall near the door. A couple desolate Resistance Pilots were watching from the window, trying to catch a glimpse of the action. Auros, to Naxia's surprise, was also in the room, looking with a nervous expression, with his hand on her shoulder. This new information was still rendering in her mind, the pieces to the puzzle not exactly fitting.

"What ... Where am I?"

"NAXIA! OH MY GOSH! The beast has awakened!" Exclaimed Auros.

"Auros, shut up. But how did I get here? What happened?" She questioned.

"So you don't remember?" Leia responded, walking forward slowly from the wall, analyzing the situation.

"I don't remember anything, but Kylo getting knocked into a table."

Leia bit her lip at hearing this, cringing at such a vision of her son.

"You don't remember us in the ship??" Auros asked.

"No, not at all."

There was a temporary silence.

Auros finally decided to bring back up the conversation. "How are you feeling?"

"Horrible actually."

"Will you be okay?"

"Yeah, I'll make it. I've been through worse, as you know."

Leia seemed concerned at this. "Auros, what does she mean?"

"Oh uh, well ... during Naxia and Kylo's training session, he was kind of ... rough on her you could say."

"Whatever he did I am so sorry-"

"No it's fine." Naxia interrupted, speaking almost soullessly. "Why am I cuffed to the bed again?"

"Just precautionary measures." Leia explained.

"As in?"

There was a pause before anyone spoke.

"Are you guys keeping me prisoner here?!"

"What? No! It's just we didn't know if you were safe enough to trust." Leia replied.

Naxia responded with an offended expression. "I can assure you I am."

Silence once again.

"Would you take this off now?"

"Uh yes, sure ... I guess." Leia said, her approval not as sturdy.

The general proceeded in carefully unlocking the cuffs, and backing away. Naxia felt reassurance that she was now freed, and able to move around, even though it was painful to do so.

"So what did happen then?"

"Oh nothing much." Auros plainly replied.

Naxia gave the boy a discouraging glance. "Come here."